Wynonna Judd's Husband

Leg Amputated

After Motorcycle Crash

8/20/2012 2:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0820_wynonna_moser
Wynonna Judd's husband had his left leg amputated following a horrific motorcyle crash in South Dakota this weekend ... TMZ has learned.

Judd's rep tells us ... Michael Scott Moser "severed" his leg in the crash ... and when he was transported to a hospital in Rapid City, SD doctors determined it was necessary to amputate the leg above the knee.

Judd's rep tells us, "Judd and Moser appreciate all of the quick medical and police responders as well as the hospital staff and well-wishes from family, friends and fans."

tucker

Wow. That's awful. At least he's alive, though.

Arcadia Rink

I'm sending prayers and well wishes out to Wynonna Judd and her husband. Michael, get well soon (and you will!)!

Larry

You said the hand injury is a problem because he's a drummer. Well the loss of his leg pretty much rules ont being a drummer. I guess he could fake it without a left foot to operate the hi-hat pedal, but I would think any band would want the best sound, which means a drummer with all hands and feet working normally.

gamepro

atleast he survived and hopefully he will have a quick recovery but im not sure about drumming for awhile

Melissa1987

wow...karma is quicker than i thought...

DaveT

Wow, tough news, I was complaining about an old injury in my foot bothering me lately, guess I forgot other people have to endure much worse, bet Wynonna will take care of him though, she seems the type

writenow

Long recuperation. Tough luck. And best of luck People who ride motorcycles never seem to expect it'll happen to them. Poor Wynonna. She sure has had more than her share of troubles.

bkwardstraveler

"The rep also says Moser had to undergo surgery on his hand, which is of particular concern because he is the drummer in Judd's band...WHAT??!!!

The man lost a leg and the Rep is more interested in whether he can drum again?

Priorities folks...priorities.

Nostradamus

The guy will never walk again but his hand is a "particular concern" because he drums in his wife's band.
I bet he is just as concerned about losing his leg.

MikeR

To be honest, with today's advancements with prosthetic limbs, this is not as tragic as it sounds. 15 years ago this would be tragic.. today .. I think he's lucky. Between a leg or an arm.. I'd rather it be a leg.

devilgirl

Sad. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

itsme

I am always humbled when I hear of traumatic accidents like this. Life is very fragile and thankfully he survived.
Wynonna is in a position to raise awareness regarding amputation of a limb.They can reach a lot of people.
My prayers go up for the family.

Meggie24

How awful - thoughts & prayers to him & his family. Does anyone know why his motorcycle crossed over the median and crashed into oncoming traffic? Did he just lose control, was he cut off, alcohol, mechanical problems, etc?

JDUB

When you ride a motorcycle, it's not a matter of if you will crash, it's a matter of when. I cringe every time I see people riding around in my town wearing shorts, flip flops, and no helmet. And I see it daily. Yikes.

Rhonda White

Wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments