« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MIchael Strahan

To Join "Live"

With Kelly Ripa

8/21/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0821_strahan_artMichael Strahan was picked to partner with Kelly Ripa on her morning syndicated show ... this according to staffers at ABC in New York City.

Several staffers told TMZ ... the talk in the building is that Strahan -- who played in the NFL and won a Super Bowl ring -- will be announced as the co-host.

Strahan's rep was seen outside the building on 67th and Columbus a short time ago grinning from ear to ear.

Strahan tried out for the gig in June and apparently impressed the suits.

BTW ... Strahan is 6'5" ... Kelly is 5'3".  Dancing should be fun.

We got Strahan out a few weeks ago, joking about Tim Tebow getting laid -- he's a pretty funny guy ... so we gotta ask ...

082112_strahan_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

buckwheat

A pervert who used a hidden camera to peep on his sister in-law
Perfect choice

seamus

Good news, loved watching him guest co- host!

buckwheat

///He'll probably install a hidden camera in her dressing room to peep on her like he did to his sister-in law

Truth

What were the producers thinking that she could survive without Regis. Ripa is an idiot. Now they think Strahan will help ratings? Just cancel the show NOW and don't punish the viewing audience anymore.
Just laughable!

Renee

Thank you for the heads-up, I just removed this show from my Tivo Season Pass.

The show has not been the same since Regis left and ABC has just put a final nail in the coffin of the show by hiring Micheal Strahan.

Nick or Seth would have been better options.

Erick

Grats to him, but I think he belongs in the sports arena. He knows football well. Would've been a great analyst.

Honeys Booboo

Kelly has an "I gotz me a Big Mandinko" grin there...

Nyla

Yeah! He was my favorite.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

The show is getting old. Time for something new all together.

TheEric

there's no way in hell my TV is big enough to fit kelly, him, and that nasty gap in his mouth...looks like i'll just keep on not watching Live With Kelly like I have every other morning...

Throwback kid

Just what we need! another stupid ex jock on TV with nothing to say. Lets hope he does better than his ex teammate and arch enemy Tiki Barber. Tiki was a total failure on TV and after not catching on with an NFL team is still unemployed

dierdre

First of all i never heard of this dude...Secondly, NO ONE in my opinion could ever replace REGIS...PERIOD....and thirdly, Kelly Ripa SUCKS....Still to this day, i don't get how or why she's even hosting this show....UGH>>>>>>

dierdre

LindaJay

Yay, I had started to miss him, he's a great pick. Warm, friendly and funny.

Cheryl

He may be a great guy. But I don't like him on the show with Kelly. Won't watch it