« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MIchael Strahan

To Join "Live"

With Kelly Ripa

8/21/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0821_strahan_artMichael Strahan was picked to partner with Kelly Ripa on her morning syndicated show ... this according to staffers at ABC in New York City.

Several staffers told TMZ ... the talk in the building is that Strahan -- who played in the NFL and won a Super Bowl ring -- will be announced as the co-host.

Strahan's rep was seen outside the building on 67th and Columbus a short time ago grinning from ear to ear.

Strahan tried out for the gig in June and apparently impressed the suits.

BTW ... Strahan is 6'5" ... Kelly is 5'3".  Dancing should be fun.

We got Strahan out a few weeks ago, joking about Tim Tebow getting laid -- he's a pretty funny guy ... so we gotta ask ...

082112_strahan_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

notafan

YAY! Michael was my favorite guest host! so I am glad he will be getting the permanent gig!

FLO

Nothing against Michael Strahan but I prefer the show with a revolving cast of co-hosts. That keeps it interesting and fresh.

NormalUSA

Yuck this guy can't even fill the gap in his teeth let alone the gap left by Regis.

NormalUSA

Seriously? This guy can't fill the gap in teeth let alone the gap left Regis.

Abe

I've never heard of this guy. Couldn't they afford someone well known?

Elizabeth

The guy needs to get the gap fixed between his teeth, professionally he should be doing that; there are enough dentists in the city; kelly should of stuck with having different co= hosts to keep it more interesting!

janja

Very good choice!!!

irritated

I love Kelly. Will not be watching. Strahan is a conceited jock. Worst choice ever

judy

this is not true

mj

OMG !!! HE IS SOOOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND !!!
PLUS....HE REALLY KISSES HER BUTT !!WTF !!

mp3junkie

This is amazing!! I am so happy about this decision. Michael will be a great co-host. Best news I've heard today.

dale12

I think that Michale Strahan is a very excellent choice for Live, he and Kelly have good chemistry together.

Kelly

Totally disappointing! He was NOT among the strongest co-hosts vying for the full-time gig!

gamepro

ok with hiring this ****ing guy you just said ok we are hiring him to lower our rateings and then cancel the show and after regis retired this show was doomed

Whatever

The F? Who? I thought Martin Short KILLED it when he was on. A class act with some Hollywood chops who can really bring on the guests and keep up with them. Second place for me was Seth Meyers. Why the F do I have an opinion on this drivel show? Don't know this winning co-host, so unfortunately it's *click* for my remote control.