« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Performs 'Roundball Rock'

... in the Street!

8/22/2012 10:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

082212_john_tesh_v2_launch
John Tesh
is a badass ... not just 'cause he WROTE that insanely catchy/iconic/awesome NBA theme song "Roundball Rock" ... but 'cause he performed it in the middle of the street for us yesterday.

Tesh was out in Beverly Hills when we struck up a convo about the greatest TV theme songs of all time ... which don't contain lyrics. Naturally, "RR" is on the list ... along with a classic from the '60s ... and Tesh gives us a musical sample of that one, too.

Bonus: In case you haven't seen the clip of Tesh explaining how he came up with the music for "Roundball Rock" ... check out the clip below. It's worth it.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MrHarrybawls2010

File this story about Tesh under "People you don't give 1 crap about...." It's like hearing that Will Smith is making yet another bad movie so he can donate more cash to the cult he belongs to: Church of Scientology....

KnuckleDragger

da-de-da-da-da-de-de-da-de-da-da-da-DUH!

Take that, John Tesh!

dan

Dasss Nice.

BTW everyone knows the greatest TV theme song w/o lyrics is the Knight Rider theme song!!

LCS27

Good for him, he just create instrumental songs. dude can't sing.

KnuckleDragger

John Tesh...America's answer to Yanni and Zamfir.

Eric in L.A.

All of John's music sounds the same. He just rehashes the same crap over and over again. I wanted to kill myself years ago every time I was channel surfing and I would see him at Red Rock for the 100th time. Shoot me now. P.S. He looks like is doing the Donald Trump Comb Over...

Quinn

John Tesh is underappreciated.

Jonathan

Lil Jon and John Tesh should do a track together. Then the universe would explode I think

DaveT

Best theme song without words Magnum PI for guitar riffage as helicopter dives and Ferrari takes the road and Tom Selleck teaches the babe to snorkel.

Sandra

Loved it and good on John Tesh!!

Danielle

hard to believe he is 60 years old

J

I thought he was dead

Bill Leslie

the story was OK but those guys were taking that tune WAY too seriously - like, gee whiz, lighten up dudes its just banal pablum

Dom The Mover

Every time I hear that song I hear Marv Albert saying Live from The Staples center The lakers just crushed The Chicago Bulls, Yes!

QsMomma

I would have to say the most memorable TV theme song without words would be a tie between Dallas and Hawaii 5-0. (BTW Harvey - Mash doesn't count, while the words were not sung during the opening and closing sequence, they were in the original movie if I remember correctly. The song's name is "Suicide is Painless")