LL Cool J

TAKES DOWN

Intruder in His House

8/22/2012 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0822_ll_cool_j_house_broken_articleupdate_bar
1:30 PM PT
-- Police say LL Cool J will NOT be charged with assault after the incident.

8:53 AM PT --
LL beat the living CRAP out of the intruder ... who's being described as a transient ... reportedly breaking the man's nose and jaw.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the suspect is currently hospitalized and being treated for his injuries. Officials believe the man may suffer from mental issues.

7:30AM PT
-- A rep confirms LL Cool J is safe and unharmed. As for the personal beating LL put on the intruder -- the rep would only say, "He is committed to keeping his family safe and is cooperating with authorities."

0314_divider_graphic
LL Cool J
came face-to-face with a burglary suspect in his home, and took the guy down with his own hands early this morning ... TMZ has learned.

According to law enforcement sources ... the suspect entered LL's Los Angeles area house around 2AM, but unfortunately for him the actor/rapper/badass was home.

We're told LL heard some commotion downstairs, went to check it out ... and found the intruder.

Sources say the intruder had tripped LL's alarm system, but the "NCIS Los Angeles" star -- who is a physical beast -- decided to go hand-to-hand combat on the dude ... and managed to detain him until LAPD arrived a few minutes later to make the arrest.

We're told LL is okay, but the suspect -- who will be booked for burglary -- suffered a few bruises.

Mama said knock you out.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Stacy

what an awesome story lmfao

Justin

Wow! 2am, somebody wanted to make a sandwich.

Itsme

Yes!!!!....The ultimate adrenaline rush...Now be honest...if your instinct told you he didn't have a weapon....after you called 911...and he said something slick...you would beat that ......too!..Just a good ole quick butt kick.

Ali

I'm SO glad LL was able to unleash on the guy. If I caught anyone in my home, and was big/strong like LL, I'd want to do the same.

He was within his rights to stand his ground and I'm glad there will be one less meth-head on the streets. I'm also glad LL wasn't hurt (although I doubt that could've happened.)

jojo

if the intruder is being labeled as a 3rd time offender and faces life in prison ... Why is Lindsey Lohan excempt from the same laws ?

Milk

Momma said knock him out, and he got KNOCK THE **** OUT!!!! LMAO.

Michelle

I have and will always love LL you are the man and you contiue to prove it everyday - and if it dont work out with you wife just call me - I'm only playing unless your not

Michelle

WAY TO GO LL - YOU ARE AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN THE MAN .I ALWAYS DID AND STILL LOVE YOU- AND IF THINGS DON'T WORK OUT WITH YOUR WIFE YOU CAN GIVE ME A CALL
-JUST KIDDING UNLESS YOUR NOT