'Too Close For Comfort' Star

Psychotic Stalker Wants

to 'Bash My Face In'

8/22/2012 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0821_getty_lydia_cornell"Too Close For Comfort" star Lydia Cornell wants a restraining order stat, claiming a "psychotic" fan who defrauded her into thinking he was a war hero ... is now threatening to shoot her and "bash her face in" -- this according to new court docs.

The 59-year-old actress filed docs in Pasadena Superior Court, claiming a "psychopath" named Richard Loland Lewis befriended her by lying about being a "secret JAG agent" and "federal criminal attorney" who could help with her divorce proceedings from her ex.

But according to Cornell, the situation turned ugly on June 20th when she rejected Lewis' romantic advances.

Cornell claims Lewis felt spurned -- then angrily stole her laptop and sent her hate mail. Cornell says Lewis also made vicious phone calls in which he threatened to "bash her face in."

Not only that ... she says Lewis posted threats online asking people to shoot her "the way Rebecca Shaeffer was shot" -- and now, she fears for her life.

Cornell is asking the court to keep Lewis away from her and her minor son at all times.

ZeekOsbourne

The broad is still hot for almost 60. Looks a hell of a lot better than her skanky "The Warriors" side kick sister on TCFC!

elizadooolittle

I have the biggest hairiest ***** in all of the UK and I have grown my pubic hair down to my ankles. I tie my pubic hair with five goat bells that jingle jangle all day long. I LOVE coming the USA and giving all you Yanks the middle finger. Come lick me in my hairy places...I have fleas..:D

Truth

EWWW!! WTF HAPPENED TO THIS FUGLY BITCH? AFTER 30+ YRS SHE STILL MILKING EVERYTHING TO DO WITH "TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT". HER ONLY CLAIM TO 15 SEC OF FAME. #TRUTH!!

LDB

A piece of paper wont help you when he has a sniper rifle ready to shoot you from a rooftop

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

Don't have a clue who she is but from the picture it looks like her face got bashed in many moons ago.

James R. - Los Angeles

She looks great!

I'd be proud to take her to dinner at Chuck E. Cheese.

Cujeaux

Surprised the writer didn't end with a 'Too Close for Comfort' play on words. Those one liners are always a howl.
The show sounds vaguely familiar. Who was in that who might be a slight bit famous?

lily

Looks like Dina Lohan

Elena

Lydia is a beautiful person and a loving soul. Shame on you who are saying hurtful things. I am sure if this situation was happening to you, or a loved one, you would be up in arms over it. No one has a right to take away a persons freedom by putting fear into them. This man needs to be in a physic ward or prison. Trusting someone only to learn they have deceived you at every turn is devastating. You start questioning your own judgement and start building walls to keep something like this from ever happening again. Lydia is a free spirit, is kind and caring. Why must she endure all this and these remarks from people like you, too? But I know, too, this man has made many fake accounts on other social media sites, and for all I know, these insulting comments are coming from him. Lydia has true friends and a loving family whom love and support her. God Bless you, Lydia.

Jody

OMG talking about a blast from the past. Was this the blonde one or the brunette on the show? I can't even remember their character names. I am going to have to look this up on IMDB.

Jay W.

Still looks good. She was great stroking material back in those "Too Close
for Comfort" days.

Bill Leslie

once a bimbo always a bimbo

eicarr

Every day she looks more and more like her tv dad Ted Knight.

Atlgb

Textbook case of Has Been Attention Whoring 101. Don't be surprised if her "psychotic stalker" turns out to be an agent (Elena?) trying to help raise her "celebrity" profile. Lydia's official website does not have one picture of her taken in the 21st century, and it reeks of the stench of desperation and Polident.

jeff

Blast from the past is right. The show was popular and was only cancelled because Ted Night passed away. There was Henry Rush, Sara and Jackie, Monroe Ficus, and of course Cosmic Cow. The two daughters were two of the hottest babes on tv at the time. I wish they would have printed an old picture too. I don't recognize her now.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments