Al Roker

Search & Destroy Mission

Against 'Today' Show

8/23/2012 7:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

082312_roker_today

Al Roker is doing everything he can to undermine the "Today" show ... trashing the anchors, sabotaging live moments ... and it seems to be a part of a plan to avenge the firing of his bestest friend in the world, Ann Curry.

Roker went on the offensive again this morning ... trying to fire off another zinger at Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie during a live segment ... but this time the quip was more of a misfire.

Al was trying to explain why he pulled a weird frozen face for 17 confusing seconds during a live segment last week ... and when Savannah tried to joke about Roker being a perfect fit for a wax museum, Al shot back ... "We ARE in a wax museum, so it all works out pretty well."

Not funny, but it's obvious Al -- who is SUPER TIGHT with Ann -- is so desperate to rip the show ... he's firing off zingers, even if they don't really zing.

It's just the latest in a string of anti-Lauer behavior, which began after Matt railroaded Ann Curry off the show simply because he didn't like her. Last week, Roker accused his colleagues of throwing people "under the bus."

So, we gotta ask ...

Beauty

Matt Lauer is a kiss ass pansy. Go Al

ok

Good way to get yourself fired.

EastCoastChopper

Al wants to be fired - then of course the racially motivated lawsuit for a guy with no talent except he talks like a white dude.

AplJax3

This is almost enough to make me want to start watching the Today show again. Almost.

Regina

GOOD. FOR. HIM.
Matt deserves everything he has coming. I would do the same exact thing. No way better than to embarrass the POS than on tv. What's he gonna do, go off on live tv. I think it's hilarious.

self-employed

I do not watch the Today Show, nor do I watch anything on NBC. Watching Al Joker , Matt and the other gal is uncomfortable. Matt is a jerk. NBC is on its way out.

DaveT

Ann who?

CelebJustice

Matt Lauer is a total Dbag. I have always adored Al. GO AL GO!

Katmc.

Hope people will see Akin represents the Republican Party, and re-elect Obama.

Jiliet

Did I miss something - where is the zinger - how is the remark we are in a wax museum a zinger??

mom

If he were really that serious and disgruntled, he'd quit. All he is doing now is coming off looking like a fool. Well, more than usual...

Mindy

I agree with Al all the way. I won't watch NBC in the morning anymore.

sunny

MMMMMMM..... AL Saucy!

Cinner

I am not often up early enough to watch morning tv, but I will say that Ann Curry on Today had a downer effect for me, I don't know if it was her voice or what, but I found myself watching GMA and still do. The Today show rushes through segments so fast its to the point of being rude to guests of the show. GMA has a much more upbeat, young feel and they don't talk over guests with the constant "ok you have 5 seconds" crap that Today does

Lyonel Leonard

I believe a few years ago, that replicas of the Today show casts had made out of wax and placed in the museum either England or Hollywood. So his statement is correct that they are in a museum and not what is being written here.