« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Stripped of ALL

Tour De France Wins

8/24/2012 9:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0824_lance_armstrong_01
Lance Armstrong is no longer a Tour de France champion ... the cyclist has been STRIPPED of his seven titles in the wake of allegations that he used banned performance-enhancers.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency made the announcement this morning ... Armstrong will not only lose his victories, he has also been banned from the sport of cycling for life.

Armstrong has adamantly denied the allegations ... claiming the testing process is "one-sided and unfair."

Lance released a statement responding to a USADA official yesterday saying, "There is zero physical evidence to support his outlandish and heinous claims."

"The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kobe_No_Means_No

Lance Armstrong may be a liar, a cheater, and a disgrace but he's OUR liar, OUR cheater, and OUR disgrace.
Live Strong. GO USA!

DaveT

..."You passed all of the tests, so, you're fired!"...

Horndog

TMZ's (tm) crack staff is only 12 hours late in posting this story. Also, has anyone heard about a movie called "Hit & Run"? I haven't found anything about it on the interwebs.

Ih8Taxes

This is total BS. Yeah, God forbid and American wins the Tour de France 7 times so it must have been cheating , even though he passed every drug test. HE WILL ALWAYS BE A 7 TIME CHAMPION!!!!

Amber

I truly don't believe he used them... I may be wrong, but I watched him when those Tour De France's and the olympics, so you can't take that away!!! Live Strong Lance Armstrong!

MrHarrybawls2010

Good. Now how about how about Justin Gatlin? He won the 100m at 2004 Olympics and then tested positive for steroids a couple o f years later. Strip him of his gold medal. I would take a very close look at Phelps and Bolt as well. Does anyone really believe that they arent on something?

CelebJustice

He's right, they never would have ended the witch hunt.
He will always be a CHAMPION.

Scary that there was no proof yet the constant harassment got the USADA what they wanted.

Gridiron

Physical evidence be damned! It's the hearsay that counts! (Rolling eyes)

CaMeO

I don't get it. He never failed a drug test in his career, so what's the problem?

Joe

L.A. has been tested (and successfully passed) more drug tests than any other athlete in history. I hate cheaters and maybe he is one, but since he has successfully pass all these tests they should just leave him be. We have baseballs MVP get off a failed drug test last year because a sample sat overnight in someones house and then they go after this man like this. Fxxk off France. Your country sucks and I hope you follow Greece into financial ruin.

AreUCrazy

The USADA is a private US company. They have nothing to do with the government. The only reason they did this witch hunt was to get their name out there to the public and to get mindless people to donate money to them.
If all the professional American bike racers were smart they would ban any and all races until the USADA is shut down.. because one day it might be one of them on the wrong side of their witch hunt.

Arnie

I heard he went into a Starbuck's once and refused to pay yelling: 'DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!'
Ahhh yeah. A Uni-Baller that rides bikes that's too damn cheap to pay for his own coffee. What a tug.

Jordan

Breaking news this story broke yesterday where was TMZ.

Melissa B

I agree w all of the above, expect, Kope_No_Means_No....bc I don't think he cheated. Although that was a funny comment

Ravenwolf

i'm not american, i have no idea who the other racers are and usually find out about it after it happens, so i can safely say i'm not biased.
how can he win it seven times, without failing atleast once(the only once required), if he was jacked up on something they consider illegal?
he shouldn't have stopped the suit/claim, but it was probably a major finacial and emotional burden to fight it constantly.
it's a shame.