« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Stripped of ALL

Tour De France Wins

8/24/2012 9:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0824_lance_armstrong_01
Lance Armstrong is no longer a Tour de France champion ... the cyclist has been STRIPPED of his seven titles in the wake of allegations that he used banned performance-enhancers.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency made the announcement this morning ... Armstrong will not only lose his victories, he has also been banned from the sport of cycling for life.

Armstrong has adamantly denied the allegations ... claiming the testing process is "one-sided and unfair."

Lance released a statement responding to a USADA official yesterday saying, "There is zero physical evidence to support his outlandish and heinous claims."

"The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jackmama311

livestrong!

AreUCrazy

USADA.. contact them and tell them exactly what you think about this
1-719-785-2000

twcsmom

If I were Lance Armstrong...I would get the biggest power attorney to work for him PRO BONO because the international publicity for this would pay for itself. If Lance is truly innocent, which I believe he is, take the UCADA to court for defamation of character and get them to PROVE he did something in a court of law, not in some hearing that is biased!

eicarr

Hopefully we'll never have to hear about this dumb "sport" or race again. I thought soccer was lame.

Mike

Now if only the USADA had the authority to do this, it would mean something. But since they don't this means nothing.

Mary Ann McQueen

As much as I believed in his innocence, I can't imagine the man who coined the phrase "Live Strong" would not fight for his good name. Sad day.

Kobe_No_Means_No

The USADA should stick with governing beef.

jtm371

you might want to do some background the UCI is the only one that can strip the tittles from Lance.you might want to change your headline.

Honeys Booboo

Suck his one ball, haters.

Thomas Jefferson

BS

Swins

I don't thing the US Anti Doping agency has ANY power to strip Tour wins. They can ban him from Olympic competition but WADA and USCF and the Tour body are the only ones who can move to strip him of his tour wins.

gamepro

one of the greatest athletes alive and now he got all his awards taken away and banned from his sport and **** them *******s their just jealous

buzz kill

I hate to admit it but, he must be guilty. Why else would he allow the USADA to strip him of all his titles and ban him from the sport. Everything he accomplished and worked so hard for gone without a fight, why?

FLU

This story is inaccurate. The USADA cannot strip Lance of his medals, they can only make that recommendation to the International Cycling Union which hasn't made a decision on whether they will revoke Lance's titles.
...makes you wonder what else TMZ is getting wrong or only partially correct.

smorbie

I don't understand. If he tested negative all those times without ever having a positive test, then why were they after him?
And if he wasn't guilty, why did he give up??