Kim Kardashian

Settles Old Navy Look-Alike

Lawsuit ... for Big $$$

8/29/2012 11:54 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0829_kim_kardashian_old_navy_article
Kim Kardashian
has called an end to her war with Old Navy -- settling up with the clothing brand for big bucks ... after it allegedly used a Kim K look-alike in its advertising last year.

Kim's lawsuit was dismissed today in L.A. -- and sources close to Old Navy tell TMZ, the company agreed to pay Kim an undisclosed sum based on her look-alike claims. We're told both sides are pleased with the settlement, though the exact terms of the deal are undisclosed.

TMZ broke the story ... Kim sued Old Navy last July for MILLIONS, claiming it intentionally used a look-alike in an effort to dupe the public into thinking Kim was affiliated with the brand.

She kinda had a point too ... just take a look at this screengrab from the advertising in question.

0829_kim_kardashian_old_navy_lookalike_

Detective. LaToya

Old Navy is weak! Why would you allow this tramp to win? ANYTHING FOR MONEY! Stupid slut!

RedwoodPerch

This country gets more pathetic each and every day.

cass

HOW on gods greens earth do you sue "because someone looks like you"

W.T.F.... seriously?

Detective. LaToya

Hey Kim why don't you sue Nicole Scherzinger as well? I mean people might confuse her for you in those Herbal Essences commercials?! Oh wait Nicole actually has talent and was famous before you-you dumb f*cking idiot.

natasha

Get money Kim!

Svenghooli

Hey, I just dropped a turd that looks like Kanye...good thing I flushed it right away...

Where's KOOKY?

Okay...I'll probably get reamed for what I'm about to write....
First, I want to say that I'm just as disgusted by anything Kardashian like most of you. Kim truly is a pig and I'm amazed how anyone could find her the least bit interesting,
Having said that, I, too, thought at first that it was actually her in the commercial. Maybe it's because I've never wasted time watching their show and am only familiar with her because of TMZ's obsession with all things Kardashian. Honestly? I think Old Navy knew exactly what they were doing in that commercial...this is NOT a coincidence. And as horrid as KK is, she does have a right to protect her image like all the other celebrities. Heck, even the estate of Julia Child is going through this right now! I just hope KK has the decency and good sense to donate those millions to a good cause, Now...bash away! :)

TLW

So this other woman isn't allowed to work in TV because she resembles K. Kardashian? NOT FAIR!!! The other woman needs to sue K. ASAP!

BECKER

Who would want to look like that piece of $hit. Once again Harvey is right on top of teh KarTrashians.
How much does he get for each story from mama Pigdashian?

TXLA

I really doubt Old Navy really wanted Kim associated with their business!

SakkeL

So now it's a crime if you happen to remotely look a like KK. I watched that video on youtube and there wasn't anything that made me think they were trying to make her look like KK. Had to say it was stupid move by Old Navy to settle this stupid lawsuit, they would have won this hands down. Court should have fined KK for waisting their time with this BS.

Poopey Poopstein

The look-a-like is much prettier than that skank Kim K. Old Navy should have fought it on those grounds and soaked Kim K. in court.

CT

i dont see anyone peeing on the girl in the add, so no way could you confuse her with kim the pee whore.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

So now any chick with a huge azzz can get a tan and be sued for looking like this TMZ Created monster?

ria

Hot damn h0e, here we go again!