Michael Clarke Duncan

Dead at 54

9/3/2012 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_Michael-Clarke-Duncan_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, had been with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for an engagement. Shortly after she left, he died.

Our sources say Omarosa's mother was with him when he passed.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. As TMZ first reported, Omarosa found Duncan in cardiac arrest and performed CPR and was able to resuscitate him before calling 911.

The rep tells us, "[Omarosa] Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of John Coffey in "The Green Mile." He worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G. before he got his break.

0903_duncan_tmz_live_video

clarke_duncan_launch_sub2

Truth

You have video of this man, and it's about a Kardashian running for Mayor? DIAF TMZ.

Sylence

One less ****** in the world.

John

Jesus.... RIP Michael Clark Duncan... I can honestly say I enjoyed watching you in just about every movie I saw that you were in...

Kinda messed up because he got big later in life and it sucks we didn't get a chance to see more of his talents because he clearly was a very talented man..

ohreally

"NAH NO NO NO.. he needs to KNOW... he's always CRYIN'! " - Taladega Nights

Denver

That sucks. RIP

FACINGREALITY

Wow - so Omarosa announces his death and that she is the fiancee all on the same day. I think we can all agree that Michael Clarke Duncan loved her but he didn't put a ring on it.

VIDGMER

VERY SHOCKING! I didn't see this coming!

Keyser Söze

I loved that man.

My condolences to his family.

RIP, big guy.

Just_Me

The rare times I watched TMZ live on my computer was a few months back when Michael and Omarosa was talking to Harvey and the gang @ TMZ.. So sad.. He seemed like such a GENTLE GIANT.. R.I.P MCD.. I thought you were an amazing man and loved your acting...

Noel

Loved Michael, truly a great guy.

mamajj

very sad. RIP

bring back recent posts

..............sad...........

bring back recent posts

WHY di his heart give out at 54???????? I mean....he was under care...share..will help otheres!

franmomof3

This is so sad.What an amazing actor.In Green Mile he gave an amazing performance.A believable heart wrenching performance.In the Whole Nine Yard's once again an amazing performance.My sympathy to his family and friend's.We lost a great actor and way to young.Prayer's.

Miva

My prayers go out to his beloved family, I once met his dear sister Judy, same smile found a little article about Judy Duncan here http://fandaily.info/?p=32023