Michael Clarke Duncan

Dead at 54

9/3/2012 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_Michael-Clarke-Duncan_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, had been with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for an engagement. Shortly after she left, he died.

Our sources say Omarosa's mother was with him when he passed.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. As TMZ first reported, Omarosa found Duncan in cardiac arrest and performed CPR and was able to resuscitate him before calling 911.

The rep tells us, "[Omarosa] Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of John Coffey in "The Green Mile." He worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G. before he got his break.

0903_duncan_tmz_live_video

clarke_duncan_launch_sub2

Randy Seifert

What an awesome man, great personality, always had a contagious smile. God has other plans for him. Bless You Michael, you will be missed by many.

doodoopeepeecaacaa

ADN

svpmartin2

My prayers and thoughts go out to his family.. I am going to miss him, one of my favorite actors! I always enjoyed his roles in movies. Sadly, he will be missed.

traci brown

I am very sorry for your loss,he was a good actor.

Valerie Robichaud

My heart goes out to all who love him....God bless. R.I.P. Mr. Duncan

Sylence

******s all dead and sheeit.

Vicki Boyd

He was such a GREAT ACTOR
R.I.P.

amanda

you was my favoret actor and you are going to be missed dearly r.i.p. michael clarke duncan forever and always in my heart

Nick

Sad, we lose another fine actor that was born and bred in the Chi (Chicago). He will be greatly missed. R.I.P. and my prayers go out to your family.

XxSapphirexX

"WHATEVER MOTHER F*****!!"

He was a great actor in many good movies. RIP :(

TJ741

Sad day ... he was one of those actors that you really liked to watch

Chaps

RIP Duncan

David8801

So sad

David8801

very sad to lose such great people, some movies with him remember from my childhood...

Big D

One of my favorite actors. He will be missed.