Michael Clarke Duncan

Planned To Wed

Omarosa in January

9/4/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0903_MICHAEL-CLARKE-DUNCAN_omorosa_tmz_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan and Omarosa Manigault were secretly engaged and the wedding was set for this January, TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the couple tell us, Michael and Omarosa kept the engagement a secret from the media ... only telling very close friends and family about the pending nuptials.

We're told the couple had just started planning for the wedding when Michael went into full cardiac arrest​ July 13 and was hospitalized until his death.

We're told Omarosa is just destroyed after waging a valiant fight to save Michael.  She had doctors flown in from all over the world but constantly worried if she was doing enough.

Michael died while still in the hospital Monday morning. He was 54.

Omarosa, who had just left town for an engagement before Michael's death, returned to L.A. last night ... and was sobbing uncontrollably at LAX.

Joni Baloney

This is just so sad! He was and will be one of my favorite actors!.. What a great loss to the world. My thoughts and prayers to all his friends and family.

Steph

You guys are pretty ****ty for immediately hounding someone who just lost a loved one.

David

Rest Easy MCD by far in my top 5 fav actors list with the green mile armageddon whole nine yards and the tv show finder was amazing i will miss u on that show and seeing u in movies i will always cherish the movies you have done now Rest Easy MCD

Joel

THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST UGLY, BUTAL ASSAULTS ON A PERSON'S PRIVACY THAT I HAVE SEEN. SHAME ON AOL & TMZ.

Timmy Cagle

I think TMZ is the best show on TV bar none

Torey

My heart goes out to Omorosa...she tried so hard to save her love's life. Michael Clark Duncan was an amazing actor who touched so many hearts. He will be missed. (Yes, now I can confess...I am no Omarose Ma****ult, but he was decidedly my "celebrity crush".) Rest in peace, Michael. I am so sorry that you left this Earth so young.

Megan

This is so sad, they shouldnt be following her with camera's right now.

kmeck0000

Omerosa, what goes around comes around. Sorry for Michael Clark duncan and his family but thats what you get for being such a bitch

Sharon

So sad.. I really liked the guy and I loved his role in The Finder.. And to the haters.. you can't help who u love..he found something in her and at least he had love and happiness in life..

JR

I really loved this guy. I am so sorry to hear of his passing, and feel equally sad for the grief Omarosa must be dealing with. RIP to the big man. xoxox

fred

R.I.P but dont say green mile i remember him as one of the silent hoods shooting craps with debo in the first friday movie in a flash back scene

SUGADEEVAH

Rosa, My Heart goes out to you and Mike's Fam, I will keep you guys in my prayers..

Brandie

Wow so classy as usual, she hasn't even gotten back to him to grieve at his bedside and during one of the hardest things we deal with in our lives your sure to shove cameras in her face to get a money shot of her bawling.. Just because they are celebrities it doesn't mean the basic laws of decency shouldn't apply. Special place in hell for people in the paparazzi that stoop so low.

lisa

That's funny. How did the paps know she was going to be coming off the elevator?

TRUTHSAYER

She's obviously so devastated. When someone has died, you guys really need to back off. Let them mourn!!!!