'American Idol'

Only 1 Judge

Has Signed On

9/5/2012 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0905_mariah_carey_american_idol_article_2"American Idol" is in a pickle -- the judges start their on-air auditions in New York City in 2 weeks, and only one judge has signed a deal ... sources connected with the show tell TMZ.

Our sources tell us ... only Mariah Carey has inked a deal ... and a good deal it is at $18 mil.

We know although producers are set on Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban ... they have not fully come to terms on the deal and nothing is signed.

And it gets worse.  We're told "A.I." honchos want 4 judges on the panel this year, because they don't think 2 women and a man will work.  And they have not picked the 4th.

But wait ... there's more.  Randy Jackson -- who is being kicked upstairs to mentor -- has not signed his deal either.

So right now ... it's Ryan Seacrest and Mariah Carey.  On the bright side, it could be entertaining to see Mariah as Sybil.

tgrfan42069

this season will be the end of the show...really nicki minaj as a judge?? all she knows is auto tone

campy

Just one more reason not to watch this soap opera crap. Let me know when I have two more.

Truth

GOOD!! HOPEFULLY THEY CANCEL THIS SH*T FROM LACK OF JUDGES WHICH NIXES FAT-RIAH CAREY'S DEAL. YESSS!! #TRUTH!!

SoWhat

Cancel this damn thing already, it should have never made it past the first year, total garbage!

Brooke

EWww! Gross mariah Carey! I think the x factor can do better than this spoiler bitch

Ashlyn

I don't understand why the other judges haven't signed yet if they're supposed to do it. Are they trying to keep people in suspense or just aren't sure yet if they want to do it? Either way I won't be watching. I haven't watched it in years. I'm just curious. Like I've said before, American Idol is coming off as pathetic.

purejuice

as david geffen told scooter braun, get out of the music business. nobody but has beens will have anything to do with this.

anon

I watch the auditions because the bad/outrageous singers make them funny. Once they are over I stop watching.

jokerchick

she looks like an overweight sheep dog in that picture

Tracy

Why not hire someone that actually cares about helping the contestants and not milking their careers..

Wtfsmh

This show shudda been cancelled 4 yrs ago. It's no longer about real talent it's about the judges now. I'm thrilled jho left thank god!!!! But this show is done

Lynda

They should just hired the Adam Lambert. He would make a great judge. Give him the chance and see. People will truly know why the Glamberts love him so much. He also know his stuff.

Lynda

They should just hire Adam Lambert. People will truly find out why the Glamberts love him so much. He truly is one of a kind. Must people think he doesn't knows anything about music. Well they don't know to much then.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4