Kenny Loggins

Takes Over Wedding

EVERYBODY CUT FOOTLOOSE!

9/6/2012 3:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

090512_kenny_loggins_launch
Picture this ... you're celebrating your wedding day ... it's beautiful ... and just when you think it can't get any better -- KENNY FREAKIN' LOGGINS takes the stage to perform an impromptu version of "Footloose."

Well, it happened ... and we got the video evidence to prove it.

It all went down a few weeks ago in Michigan -- sources tell TMZ, Loggins was invited to the wedding as a guest because he's friends with the bride's dad.

Kenny wasn't there to perform -- but we're told the bride's father made a special request for Kenny to kick off the party with a couple famous tunes ... and Kenny obliged.

It's awesome.

Someone should write this into a romantic comedy. Too late, it's our idea.

Internet Tough Guy

It's not all about you Kenny jeeze.

Jo

That sounds very nice, but of course, Loggins had a relationship of some type with the father of the bride. My best friend's husband died of cancer a few years ago, before his death they were treated to an annual charity event in Colorado. Many celebrities are brought in for the occasion. Upon her return, she gushed at how nice everyone was and especially how down-to-earth and accessible the celebrities were...except for Kenny Loggins. I asked her what was wrong with him that disappointed her. "He was a total dick," was her reply. I guess it all depends on if you are a cancer patient or the daughter of a connected father.

YdoIreadthisstuff

Fix your video.

Phishie from Philly

If they would have thrown in Kevin Bacon and Sean Hayes the wedding would have been the best wedding ever. OMG
Phishie from Philly

Phishie from Philly

If it were my wedding I would have went with Kenny Loggen's Take My Breath Away song from the movie Top Gun! That's so much more romantic. But I wouldn't want Tom Cruise there because I'm not a gynecologist.
Phishie from Philly

MrHarrybawls2010

When I got married Rolf Harris sang "Jake The Peg" at our wedding..

LCS27

bellyloose

Stiletto

I think they call that "being put on the spot and used."

Jody

As a famous singer, I wouldn't want to go to too many weddings, or any place where there is a stage or band. This is the situation you would find yourself in every time.

DaveT

Song was good but the movie stunk :D
I like Kenny he's always been a pretty nice guy, and made a few decent tunes.

himminy

$5 for a used kenny loggins record?