Neil Armstrong

Will Be Buried at Sea

9/6/2012 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0905_neil_armstrong_article
Astronaut Neil Armstrong will be buried as far away from outer space as possible ... at the bottom of the ocean -- this according to his family.

The family wouldn't specify when or where the burial at sea will take place.

In case you didn't know, Neil was a Navy fighter pilot before he joined the space program in 1962 -- and burials at sea are common for Navy veterans.

A public memorial for Neil will be held at the Washington National Cathedral next Thursday. A private service has already been held in Ohio, Neil's home state.

As we reported, Neil died on August 25th. He was 82.

0825_neil_armstrong_remembering_rip

Don Martin

...and here is one giant snack for fishkind

Passion Of The Taint

GREAT HUMAN!
I WISH THERE WERE MORE LIKE HIM!
R.I.P.

KnuckleDragger

RIP, Neil. You were the first to walk on the moon. I was the first to bang Elaine Judson, not her husband (sorry, Elaine).

Mike

I wish his last request would've been to be buried on the moon. Then we'd have one more reason to go back there.

lissabirdie

I wonder if it truly was his wish to become fish food

Susan

A true American hero. Rest in peace Mr. Armstrong.

croc

does his family really want him eaten by sharks?
this isnt a hero's burial.. ask bin laden..

CitySide

RIP, Mr. Armstrong. You've served your country admirably

Butterfly

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN how someone is buried at sea? Was that actually Neil Armstrong's choice? I could no more have thrown my husband out to sea to be chewed by sea creatures than picture myself walking on the moon. I am NOT finding fault with the family, but, I just do not understand something like this. Mr. Armstrong was a beloved hero, to our country, who conducted himself with great dignity until the end. Where do family and friends go to "visit" his grave? I appreciate the family's desire for privacy but, hopefully, they might reveal, why?

I luv u RPattz!

His ashes should've been placed next to the American Flag in the moon. That's a true tribute. Thanks Mr. Armstrong for making us dream beyond the stars.

searchingsenior

senior dating site over 50 only

Spicy mag

Launch him into the sun so he can come back as Nuclear Man. It really does work.

kitnplayn

He is probably counting on the water to wash away his sins, since the Apollo moon landing was a fake and he knows he lied to his country about it.

Minarchian

I still say that they should send his ashes off on the next mission to Mars. It would be absolutely befitting for him.

Regina

the reason that they gave him a burial at sea was because they couldn't go to the moon again because THEY WASN'T EVER THERE TO BEGIN WITH. It was a FAKE. You mean to tell me that they went up to the moon in a Campbell's soup can and planted a flag and they have NEVER been back since.???? With all the electronic marvels that they have now and they had the space shuttles, but they never returned. The flag was supposedly " flying", when the moon has no gravity. There is a spot in Arizona that is the exact replica of the moon surface. They filmed it out there and passed it off as real.
It was all a big lie to fool the Soviets. They started the space race with Sputnik. The Americans had to catch up in a hurry or be outdone and that just couldn't happen. So they filmed at a high rate of speed out there in Arizona and passed it off as legit. The biggest con game in existence and everybody swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments