JetBlue to Passengers

Here's $50 for Babysitting

Puddle of Mudd

9/6/2012 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0906_wes_scantlin_jetblue-tmz
Passengers on board the JetBlue flight that made an emergency landing in Texas this week -- because the singer for Puddle of Mudd allegedly threw a boozy mid-flight temper tantrum -- are receiving a paltry $50 apology from the airline, TMZ has learned.

As we first reported, a JetBlue flight bound for L.A. made an emergency landing in Austin, TX Tuesday after Wes Scantlin allegedly got in a heated drunken argument with a flight attendant.

The plane was grounded in Austin for more than an hour as a result -- but a rep for JetBlue tells us, the passengers were compensated for their time ... with a $50 JetBlue credit.

According to the rep, if any customer experiences an onboard ground delay between 1 and 2 hours ... he or she is entitled to a $50 JetBlue voucher.

And as everyone knows, $50 is good for a trip to nowhere.

So we gotta ask ...

0906_wes_puddle_mud_footer

R. Cortez

Everyone on that plane should be given the opportunity to go to Scantin's recording studio while he's working . Once there, they should all get crappy drunk and bug Scantin to no end.

maria

Everyone wants a alot of money for everytime something happens to them. Give me, give me, give give. Take the $50.00 and be on your way. You got where you wanted to go with a little show on the way.

Kangadrew

Not the airline's fault. JetBlue did not have to do squat. It's their safety that was the concern. Sue the drunk for the inconvenience.

Ashley

I am a former JB employee. This is a tricky situation. On one hand having to emergency land and being grounded for an hour is a HUGE pain. I'm sure a good amount of passengers missed their connecting flights. However it was Mr. Puddle of Crud's fault...not JB's. I think they should have compensated further, at least $100. However, as with most airlines, if the customer feels the amount was inadequate and they contact customer service they will usually be given a higher amount. A Southwest flight I was on had to emergency land. I was given a $25 voucher, but called the airline and they ended up refunding the ticket cost. I will say JetBlue is a GREAT airline, internally. They are very committed to the customer, have great service and is an all around awesome, awesome company to work for. I have NEVER heard anything positive about Wes (I have met him once). What an immature, bizarre thing to do. This, and his past incidents, really show he has some serious mental issues that have not been dealt with.

LK

JET BLUE OVER SERVES YOU THAN CUTS U OFF THAN GETS U ARRESTED & INCONVENIENCES ALL THE OTHER PASSENGERS 4 HRS PIFFF ! I'D BE SUING

Joanne Owens

I'd put that guy on a *no fly list* jackA$$

tracker

They didn't plan on stopping in texas.missed connecting flights...people waiting to pick them up at other destinations..all because jet blue let a drunk on and then served him more booze.shut up..

ElisabethIsDisgusting

So-- the $50 credit requires you to SPEND MORE MONEY with their crap airline! Epic FAIL!

Texas-Writer

I've waited in planes and airports for much longer and receiving nothing in return. $50 bucks is great considering they could have waited an hour in the terminal for nothing. Sorry though that they left the jerk in my town!

Joao

Jet Blue is a joke. They are notorious for having no regards for their passengers.

Rude Boy

As stated in previous comments, it's not Jet Blue's fault that one passenger got drunk, acted like he had no sense and posed a threat to everyone. Nor were they obligated to do ANYTHING for the other passengers since they can't be responsible for any one passenger's foolish behavior. Their obligation was to the passenger's safety and they held up their end of the deal. However, if you are going to make a nice gesture to make amends, make it one that means something and $50 doesn't mean much.

ShrinkWrap

Is the voucher only good towards a flight? If so, that's like giving someone a coupon for 10 dollars off at Tiffany's. Usless.

lanie

It was NOT the airlines fault, so I think it is quite generous. They didn't have to given them NOTHING and that would have been understandable, since they can't control people's actions.

Just like when weather and/or ATC delays cause a plane to be late -- this was not the airlines fault.

lanie

If you were really an airline employee, then why in the world do you think they should give that much money away for an event that was NOT their fault?

As you know, most airlines don't compensate when planes are late due to weather or ATC traffic.. It is out of their control and they'd go broke if they compensated every time a plane is late.

Why do you think they should give out that much money for something they had no control over?

Wes Sc----whatever his name is --- should be the one compensating people, not the airline.. I am shocked that an ex-airline employee would write such stupidity.

As if the airlines aren't in enough financial trouble with the unbelievably high costs of fuel.. Do you want to bankrupt them all? geesh.. so ridiculous.

Shades46

If you can't handle potential interruptions traveling via air, get in your car and drive! I'm sick of all you people crying like little babies when you are inconvenienced. "Oh! I missed my bottle. Oh! I missed my nap. Oh! I was delayed because another baby started crying about being cut-off. JB took appropriate action with a spoiled rotten adult. Unless airlines have written confirmation in which passengers declare themselves "baby's" and could possibly cause a temper tantrum, how could JB be liable for protecting their property, employees and customers?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments