Amanda Bynes

I'm Not Crazy

9/17/2012 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0916-amanda-bynes-1Amanda Bynes is ADAMANT ... she's not crazy AND she definitely doesn't smoke weed in her car ... that's what the actress is telling close friends.

Amanda's friends have been reaching out lately because they want to help her ... but she's telling them to back off because "everything's fine."

The actress says ... the stories about her mental state "are being blown way out of proportion."

She is also telling friends ... the picture TMZ posted of her smoking from a drug pipe inside her car (below) is not what it seems. She says she was smoking tobacco ... despite the fact that her cup-holders had remnants of what appeared to be marijuana.

0916_amanda_bynes_smoking_wm
As we previously reported, we spoke with several people who have witnessed Amanda's behavior recently, who say she's chatting with inanimate objects ... talking to herself in the gym ... and they fear she may be suffering from serious mental issues.

In other Amanda news ... she's still facing TWO hit-and-run charges, one DUI charge and her license is still suspended. And her car got impounded yesterday.

slunkiinettos

yest she not cookin IT

Meanie

... not crazy? Ok, then just a stupid moronic twit.

Greg

this girl used to be so funny. i remember watching her "amanda show" she was so cute and hilarious. now what happened to her? i don't think she's crazy but i think she has some issues she needs to work on . and nobody smokes tobacco out of a one hitter.

Bob

She needs to make a sex tape and get it overiwth.

Dominique Lacaille

Congrats Bynes, you just got famous.

janet

not crazy just stupid. Great another Lohan.

Ginger

I totally believe she's not crazy. She's just stupid.

Quinn

this is bs. if i pulled that s.h.i.t. i'd be in jail. period.

marygreen233

Loving you. ***Meetwealthy.com*** is a great place to meet rich people.I am a hot girl and I wish I could find my Mr.Right here.If you are the one just meet me at meetwealthy.com.Waiting!

marygreen233

IllumedBeauty

I believe it was tobacco, it looked more like tobacco to me than the latter.

Debbie

Does this girl not have PARENTS who care about her well being? If so, step in and do something before it is too late!

magica

Mandy, you ARE crazy. Crazy hot. Let's get together and pump each other dry. I'll drive.

Obama4Ever

white trash

verlinda

Maybe she was smoking Spice or K2.