Amanda Bynes

Parents to the Rescue

9/19/2012 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0918_amanda_bynes_tmz
Amanda Bynes' parents abruptly uprooted from their Texas home and moved to California to take care of their troubled daughter ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the family tell us ... what triggered their decision was Amanda's DUI last April.

We're told the parents put their home in Cedar Park, TX up for sale ... hoping to make a quick deal and get to Cali ASAP, but they couldn't find a buyer.

As Amanda's situation got worse -- hit-and-runs, what looked like pot-smoking photos, and lots of strange behavior -- Bynes' folks decided they couldn't wait any longer and just leased their place out.

One source told us the parents are NOT gunning for a conservatorship (a la Britney Spears) but merely want to be near their daughter as a support system.  In the past our sources say the parents were adamant -- Amanda did not have mental issues or a substance abuse problem.

The parents are no strangers to SoCal -- Amanda was born and raised in Thousand Oaks.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Andrew S

Her parents seem to be very nice. Stay away from those psych meds Amanda! Control your pot use, know your limits. Marijuana is female, and it acts like a female too. If you abuse it, it'll abuse you right back! You don't need disability from the government, you don't need to take cuts in movies because your body spasmed due to psych meds.

Take tolerance breaks, and learn what you can and can't do. You're becoming mature, thats all

M.C. O'Neill

Well, I don't know what's the big deal here. If her folks rescued her from an underground lair or mad scientist's lab, I'd call that, but this is a whole bunch of malarky.
See, I'm just a humble shoe salesman from the Chi-town burbs. Been doing it for 20 years and I have no regrets. All day and night I make sure your kicks are tight. None of this hooey matters to me. God bless.

get real

Her Parents are IN BIG DENIAL.. The Girl NEEDS HELP ASAP. Is she Giving them Cash and they are afraid they will be cut off ala Katherine Jackson?

wowsers

I'm so glad they are going to help their daughter! Amanda Byne's has not been in trouble before, and I have a feeling she got in with the wrong crowd and got into drugs and those are making her act like she has mental problems. It's so sad, and I hope she gets on the right path and gets therapy is there is an ever deeper underlying issue.

bec

TMZ I agree with this
. How about trashing the Kardashians? oh right, that will never happen and we know why, Harvey is their little lapdog puppy.

Harvey i know that u dont have the balls to exploit the kardashians..

dont be worry if they sue TMZ
The celeb's pay your bills

Amanda byrnes needs rehab & help fast

asino

God bless her and her family, I never expected to hear all of this foolishness, from Amanda, she is lovely and with the right representation she could accomplish so much. Being a grandmother to a 14 year old who has exposed me to what a 14 year old or a teen-ager is going throuthgh. I wish her nothing but the best, and that she will learn how to distinguish who is their for her and who is not.As well as be thankfull for who she is at this point and time, Young,Healthy,emancipated, and a brand new foundation to work toward.

just sayin

She is not smoking weed most likely.

bec

hey harvey who pays your bills and lifestyle u do this by taking pics and interviews with celebs who are human they make mistakes like you .

leave amanda alone

and be the kardashians bitch

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5