Lindsay Lohan

Arrested

Allegedly Fled Accident Scene

9/19/2012 9:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 9/19/2012 9:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0828_lindsay_lohan_01
update_bar
6:00 AM PT -- Lindsay is telling friends she had no idea she hit anybody and it wasn't until she came out and got arrested that she knew anything was going on.

As for the story about one of the passengers in her SUV getting out of the car and checking for damages, she says it never happened. Nobody ever got out of the car.

Lohan is calling the incident "really fishy" because the man didn't appear to have any visible injuries and feels she's the victim of a set up. She's not going to let the incident go and is planning on fighting it to the end.

7:03 AM PT -- Surveillance video of the Lindsay accident appears to show her accuser was exaggerating.

9:10 AM PT -- Lindsay's accuser says she was "slurring" her words and reeked of booze.

0314_divider_graphic
Lindsay Lohan
was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident early this morning after allegedly clipping a pedestrian in downtown Manhattan ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Lindsay was pulling in to park her Porsche Cayenne near the Dream Hotel in downtown NYC when -- at a very low speed -- she allegedly hit the knee of a 30-something year old guy. That was around shortly after midnight.

We're told one of Lindsay's passengers in the SUV got out and checked the vehicle for damage, and then LiLo and co. went inside the hotel.

We're told someone called police while Lindsay was inside ... and when she walked out of the hotel -- around 2:30AM ET -- officers arrested her.

As Lindsay was taken into custody she frantically screamed, "Call my dad!  Call my dad!"

According to our sources ... Lindsay was taken to the station, fingerprinted, photographed and booked for leaving the scene of an accident -- a misdemeanor -- and then released with a desk appearance ticket ... meaning she did not have to pay bail before release.

We're told alcohol was not involved.

We're told the alleged victim was hospitalized ... however, he was not knocked down or dragged, and didn't have any visible injuries.

This arrest could absolutely trigger a probation violation in Lindsay's jewelry theft case because one of the conditions of probation is she OBEY ALL LAWS.

Even without a conviction, Judge Stephanie Sautner -- the judge in the jewelry theft case -- could haul Lindsay's butt into court if there's probable cause to believe she committed a crime.

0919_lindsay_lohan_pretty_footer_v2

Joe

W H O R E !!! Throw throw the biotch in jail.

river rat

This woman does not look 25 years old - what a clownface!

Joe

Hey, for all of you who have commented who cares, leave her alone, stop covering her, I have a comment for you. STFU, stop coming to this site, stop reading it, and certainly stop posting. What a pathetic crew you are.

Andyconda

court will be in 30 days right?
looks like Lielo will be in NY for a while.
JILL666 what are your thoughts????

Just Karen

Also, what's up with her eyeliner??? Is she an Amy Winehouse wannabe???

Buddy The Elf

She is such a drain on society.
What a pain in the ass.

Andyconda

Hope Cali. probation office caught wind of this..
Karma is Like OJ, always get there criminals in the end

janet

this is a riot. What about Bynes. Whos tweeting now.

Reed

TMZ already seems to be crying tears for poor Lindsay but I've been driving for very many years and have never "clipped" anyone while driving. How many times has this woman hit someone or something? Break after break and you're going on about her innocence. If she didn't know she hit anyone how can she say he didn't appear to have any visible injuries? Yes, it's fishy all right as usual. Why leave the scene if you have done nothing wrong. Sometimes when you get hurt by someone who appears to getting away you get so angry the pain can be forgotten because you just want to make sure that person doesn't get away. See there's always some bs answer to everything.

S4MPL3

How is this girl not in jail yet

Rm

how would she know if it didn't appear he had injuries if she didn't know she hit him...

phoeobe

I am a cougar, several months ago I met a young guys, he was so cool and we had a nice dinner, I adored him, unfortunately he told me he had a girl friend, I accepted that and deleted his phone number, about a month later I saw his profile from dating site, oh, my god, I think this was no coincidence, so I wrote to him and said, “ if it doesn’t work out with that girl please try me again, I can bring an exciting new dimension to a relationship, you’re still the nicest one I’ve met”
He responded shortly after, he had just broken off with the other girl, so we made a date and I planned a very romantic evening, I even bought a new outfit for myself, had a dozen roses at our table and we have fallen madly in love.
www.seekacougar.com

cheryl

What is it. She didnt realize she hit anything or anyone or he didnt look like he was hurt. You cant have it both ways

Kevin

Ah yes. The American dream of finding someone rich to sue. That "30 something" loser had his ship come in last night.

carrie