Green Day

Goes NUTS

at iHeartRadio Festival

9/22/2012 5:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0922_green_day_videoGreen Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong did not take kindly to having his set at the iHeartRadio Music Festival cut short last night in Las Vegas ... so he went on an expletive-laden rant on stage before smashing his guitar and storming off.

According to reports, the show was running 25 minutes behind schedule and rather than let the show run longer, organizers decided to cut down Green Day's set.

When given the one minute warning, Armstrong went ballistic, screaming, "I'm not Justin Bieber, you motherf**kers! You gotta be f**king joking. I got one minute, one minute left. Now I got nothing left. Let me show you what one minute f**king means" ... before slamming his guitar into the ground.

It's unclear why Armstrong invoked Bieber's name -- he didn't perform last night and is not scheduled to appear at the festival tonight either.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

k

He used Justin Biebers name because justin bieber is just a manufactured puppet; he is the human equivalent to selling barbie dolls to girls aged 6-14yrs

laser bat

run yourself off a cliff already

Edward

Hell yea, go Billy Joe Armstrong! I'm surprised at all the hate for this guy and Green Day. I used to listen to them religiously but also faded out of them, but they are still punk rock legends! There are virtually NO bands left these days, it's all pop/techno performers. I actually loved American Idiot and see them live then, I just haven't listened to them much since then.

This is how rock and roll stars live. Like other people said these guys used to do this kind of **** on a weekly basis in their old days. They were a VERY wild band. They've mellowed down a bit but this shows they still don't give a **** and that is what is great about them. I'm gonna go buy their new album now after watching this, it's good to see the old schoolers taking a stand against today's ****ty pop music!

laffnbear

Destroyed your guitar hunh?
That will really fix'em.

Joey Soukup

I HAVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR THESE MEN!!!

Cherry

Eat a cookie, relax dude.

Stan Cranley

Poor Biebs. He's prbly like "how did *I* get dragged into this?"

RSGavela

I'm assuming you've never been to a Green Day concert?

Chestylarue

I don't know why he's hating on Justin Beiber, he makes the same crappy commercial music .

frnacisco 2010

"t's unclear why Armstrong invoked Bieber's name" are you guys in TMZ stupids, dumbs ,idiots or all at once? he's making a point that he's not an untalented guy just jumping on stage as a monkey like the canadian pipsqueak.

billieweave