Amanda Bynes

Flees

To New York City

9/23/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0923_amanda_bynes_wm_2
Amanda Bynes bolted out of L.A. this weekend and thankfully headed to a city where public transportation is readily available ... the Big Apple!

Witnesses who spotted Amanda in NYC tell TMZ ... the actress was aimlessly wandering around Midtown for hours on Saturday.

But get this -- Amanda is telling friends the reason she jetted off to New York is because she was tired of being followed in L.A. -- something she says doesn't happen in NYC.

Bynes now tells friends she NEVER wants to come back to L.A, which is interesting timing considering her parents JUST moved to CA from TX to be closer to their daughter.

TMZ broke the story ... Amanda was slapped with two counts of driving on a suspended license on Friday. She faces up to six months in jail for each offense.

Cheryl A.

Defiinately following Lindsay's footsteps.

Elo

Okay TMZ, I am getting irritated by all the amanda stories latley. If you really want to help her, pay for her ****ng rehab and quit biting her publicly..

zoe

This girl is obviously suffering from mental problems, does reporting every single mishap she makes or where she is moving to (obviously hoping to get some escape from such treatment) really help her cause? Sometimes, I wonder if people ever put thought into what they are contributing too. I would NEVER want to be famous. I hope people have compassion for the mentally ill, regardless of their status in life.

LucasBc

It's sometimes cool to aimlessly wander around, and I bet that she would make it more positively interesting.

devin

so suddenly shopping has become "aimlessly wondering". the reason she was probably "fleeing" in the first place was to stop being followed and give you guys nothing to report about, but clearly that didn't work...

Nikki

Who are her friends? She is always by herself.

Cinner

This is really overkill, all of these non-stories about her and hounding her like you all are. Time to move on to something with some excitement, please.

I am Spartacus

maybe she was "wandering aimlessly" around to try and get away from this creep stalking her with a camera.

If they call this aimlessly wandering around then 75% of people walking around NYC are aimlessly wandering around.

Sarah

Just leave the girl alone. Am not surprised shes moved away I would too if I had your creepy cameramen following me about everywhere. Also she was 'wandering around aimlessly' so what??? Maybe she was shopping or looking for something?? That doesnt mean shes crazy. You know what I think TMZ are just making everything she does a big deal when its not and the so called strange behaviour TMZ have been saying about her for weeks could be made up. Funny how they have never gotten any footage or videos of her acting weird or abnormal and they have been stalking her every move for months its just these stories by 'friends'. Apart from driving illegally and getting into minor accidents, going out a few times, and smoking a bit of weed they have got nothing really of proof that shes having so sort of mental breakdown. She has broken the law for her driving and I think she should be punished just like anyone else but in the mean time let the girl go about her business in peace shes not still driving illegally anymore and putting people in danger so just stop harrassing her.

SheisHot

She is welcome at my place for as long as she likes, but will not be borrowing any of the motorized vehicles.

Michell

Copy cat Lindsey 2.0

Lola

What's a girl to do? Apparently, she has plenty of money. She doesn't have to bother with going to work every day. She's single. No talk about her dating anyone, but who knows? She said on twitter that she likes black men only. I think she might not be what people thought she was, from her movie and tv work. So what's she supposed to do with her time?

Diamond Goddess!

Wow!
This is just S-A-D.
Look at her cracked-out affect.
And she doesn't have any $$$, she's shopping at American Apparel!!! LOL!!!
I think she left to AVOID her family and the press in LA.
Didn't work!

DaveT

Amanda is a nice name, I've never met an Amanda I didn't like

Tommy G.

HEY WHERE IS THAT FURRY THING YOU WERE HIDING YOUR FACE WITH YESTERDAY IN L.A. ARE YOU REALLY THAT IN NEED OF HELP THAT YOU DON'T THINK ANYONE WILL RECKOGNIZE YOU IN N.Y. CHARLIES MELTDOWN A YEAR AGO WAS ENTERTAINING. BUT YOU REALLY DO NEED HELP NOW!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments