Sheriff Dept. Spokesman

Rips Fiona Apple

'Just Shut Up and Sing'

9/24/2012 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0924_rusty_fiona_01
Fiona Apple is an ignorant fool who should stop criticizing law enforcement and "just shut up and sing" ... this according to the spokesman for the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Dept.

HCSD Public Information Officer Rusty Fleming is firing back at the singer after she publicly blasted 4 officers for allegedly mistreating her during her arrest for possession of hash and marijuana at a Texas border patrol stop last week.  In a rambling statement at her concert following the bust, Apple had threatened to make the cops "f*cking famous" as a punishment for their inappropriate actions.

Fleming has personally responded to the accusations with a letter to Apple ... and it's AWESOME.

It starts off ... "First, Honey, I’m already more famous than you, I don’t need your help. However, it would appear that you need mine."

The letter continues, "Two weeks ago nobody in the country cared about what you had to say, -- now that you’ve been arrested it appears your entire career has been jump-started. Don’t worry Sweetie, I won’t bill you."

"Next, have you ever heard of Snoop, Willie or Armand Hammer? Maybe if you would read something besides your own press releases, you would have known BEFORE you got here, that if you come to Texas with dope, the cops will take your DOPE away and put YOU in jail."

"Even though you and I only met briefly in the hallway, I don’t know you but I’m sure you’re an awesome and talented young woman and even though I’m not a fan of yours, I am sure there are thousands of them out there, and I’m sure that they would just as soon you get this all behind you and let you go back to what you do best—so my last piece of advice is simple “just shut-up and sing.”

Sincerely
Rusty Fleming"

update_bar
Rusty called in to "TMZ Live" today where he continued to put Fiona on blast.

092412_rusty_tmzlive_launch

Parker

And Rusty...why not shut your fat ass bigoted mouth you overweight (p) rick...she has the right to say what the phk she wants....dumb as dirt white trash!

jdub

He reminds me of a younger hick version of Sheriff Joe. Can't say I disagree with a couple of things he said (Celebs should shut up and just do their job) At the same time, I'm sure there are more important things he could be doing than busting people with a little weed.

Jim Cole

Cops in this TX town eat donuts and stop tour buses. I want that job. Lazy POS's.

BellaJ

Don't mess with Texas...or men with small d*icks!

DeAnna

TMZ is saying this letter is AWESOME!? REALLY!? I don't see anything awesome about it. I just see some middle aged man on a power trip, along with his department. To see marijuana and marijuana products as evil to our country, when the benefits far outweigh any negatives is what's sad. And as for him saying he's more famous than Fiona Apple, are you serious!? Dream on...

Andy

Rusty sounds like a real knob.

DaveT

Sounds unprofessional.
Don't know anything about Fiona's situation with police personally.
But do know a lot of police have control issues.
Want to boss people around.
That's why they become cops.
Shiny badge on the chest = power symbol
Fancy fast car with shiny lights = power symbol
Gun on the hip = power symbol
Now shut your mouth you worthless little citizens and obey me!
To good cops, the few of you who do exist...Thanks for doing your jobs and serving your employers, the citizens, 'ppreciate it :)
To bad cops with control issues, Kiss my ass you pathetic little sh-thead cowards and learn your job....public ***servant***....you serve us, the citizens, your employers who pay your salary.
Women cops too, same control issues and abuse of power happens.
"Female Cop Tirelessly Beats Man with her Baton " @ Youtube
"Kelly Thomas Beat to death by Police [Full Video]" @ Youtube

Sean Kelly

His level of ignorance is difficult to achieve.

M

the cops in his area go after celebs and tour buses to get "their" name in the press
bottom feeder trying to make a name for themselfs

Beauty

Spoken like a true misogynistic backwoods turd. I can just see this guy sitting around on a dead and brown Texas lawn (NOBODY waters their damn lawns in Texas) and throwing back the Shiner Bock's like a good 'ole Texan. does. Frankly, he was trying too hard with that letter and only succeeded in embarrassing himself and the department.

spokenword

Lol, Dang, you just got put on blast, girl.

Truth

She got OWNED

cassy

Sounds like some good advice. Love how he took her down a peg.

Blah

ROFLMAO!!! That's AWESOME!!!! He just said what a lot of people are already thinking.

ray

now that is fulking funny. good on ya rusty