« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Green Bay Mayor to Commish

You're Crushing Packers'

Shot at a Super Bowl

9/25/2012 5:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0925_packers_letter_launch

Green Bay Mayor James Schmitt fired off an angry letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell -- as promised -- claiming the labor dispute with referees is threatening the Packers on-field success ... AND putting the entire Wisconsin town in financial jeopardy.

TMZ obtained a copy of the letter ... in which the Mayor claims the NFL's elite status is being "threatened by less than qualified officials who are not quite at the same level as the rest of the league's representatives."

Mayor Schmitt, who's also a shareholder of the publicly owned Green Bay Packers, continues ... "last night's game creates a negative perception on the NFL brand, which in turn jeopardizes the Packers' chance for success as well as the potential to negatively affect our local economy."

All in all, it's a pretty polite way of saying it totally sucks that replacement refs cost Green Bay's greatest commodity -- the Packers -- a victory last night.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jim

Again, your research staff are amateurs. The Green Bay Packers is not a publicly traded entity. TMZ is a very amateurish entity.

Brimston

As a Bears fan, I think it was a great call. As a football fan, I still think was a great call because only Bears fans are real football fans.

Mike44090

That it, tell the ref's you may be using for a while that they aren't qualified to do their jobs. Don't be surprised it they don't make more questionable calls during Packers games.

delightfullydelusional

Oh, you mean the EIGHT SACKS Aaron Rodgers suffered had nothing to do with losing the game either? Typical whining cry baby antics from Green Bay fans. Maybe if the QB could throw a ball without getting trampled, they could have actually won the game with or without the bad call.

Jen

Let's not exaggerate. Green Bay played like sh*t last night against a sh*tty team that they should have crushed (if they want to have any shot at a Super Bowl). I agree the replacement refs suck but the fact that GB sucks this season is not their fault.

Pockets

LoL I like how this guy thinks only Green Bay is being effected by this.

Tommy G.

UNTIL YOU STUPID BAST*RDS THAT DICTATE OVER THE NFL COME TO A REASONABLE AND FAIR CONTRACT WITH THE OFFICIAL OFFICIALS THAT ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO CALL THE GAME FAIRLY I'M OUT.FUC*K YOU IDIOTS.BETTER GET IT DONE QUICK BECAUSE I GOT A BAD FEELING SOMEBODY'S GONNA GET HURT AND THAT BLOOD WILL BE ON YOUR HANDS AND I AIN'T TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE WEARING A PLAYERS JERSEY.

buckwheat

Oh please
The Packers weak offense is crushing their shot at a Suoerbowl
Bunch of cry babies the Packers are
Especially Aaron Rodgers

Mdungan

I will watch my NFL but, here me now, I will boycott every advertiser that I see until the NFL bigwigs settle this dispute! #boycottNFLAdvertisers

BC

well, look at what Goodhell has done to the Saints! That man is psycho!

WOW...

OMG! Seattle D dominated the whole first half and then got screwed themselves with bogus calls in the second half on GB 3rd downs allowing them to get the 1st down that resulted in a feild goal....Go back and take back all the bogus calls and Seattle still wins once you negate the feild goal that was given to them. Geesh, GET OVER IT MAYOR, set an example not a riot!!!

buckwheat

Bad calls also helped the Packers score their 12 points
But they wont cry about that

Carl

From what I read this entire dispute with the real referees is over a grand total of $3 million. There are probably multiple players on every team that make more than that alone in a season.

verlinda

The Mayor needs to worry about more important things than Football. Stick to Politics Mr. Mayor

Bruno

While it was a sucky call, I still have to ask of they want some cheese(heads) with that whine.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments