Andy Williams

Dead at 84

9/26/2012 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0926_andy_williams_01
Legendary singer and TV host Andy Williams has died.

According to his rep, Williams passed away last night at his home in Branson, MO after a year-long battle with bladder cancer. He was 84.

The "Moon River" singer -- who recorded 18 gold and 5 platinum certified albums -- is survived by his wife Debbie and his three children, Robert, Noelle, and Christian.

He hosted "The Andy Williams Show" from 1962-1971. He also hosted the Grammys from 1971-1977.

0926_remembering_andy_williams_footer

Curtis

RIP.

sidithers

Every Osmond should attend his funeral
He was a true legend
Cancer sucks.Lets all pray that a cure is found

ohreally

He lived a long prosperous life. R.I.P.

Marilyn

Thanks for including that silly song from the past with the death info!

Gretel

84. Not bad. That man had a set of pipes smooth as velvet. RIP Andy, thanks for the lovely music.

swack

RIP, Andy.

seamus

R.I.P. Andy. I hope he had a good life. He always seemed like a good guy and he was a great talent. Prayers to his family.

Margie

I just loved him. I always love hearing the Christmas song he sang. I think it is titled " It's the most wonderful time of the year" Cancer sucks big time. It seems that more and more of us are getting it.

Jane

OMG, I can't stop sobbing! I am just heartbroken to hear this. I loved him since I was a kid , when we watched all his Christmas specials. He discovered so many talents. He just seemed like a wonderful , kind, sincere, humble man. God Bless you, Andy. Thank you for your beautiful gift!! Heartfelt condolences all his family and friends. This Christmas won't be the same knowing he is gone.

anon.

RIP. He was a class act.

sue

Loved his Christmas specials when I was a small child. Yes, he could sing and sing he will in heaven!
Class act....

She's baaaack

Andy Williams was a quintissential crooner. No gimmicks, no autotune, the man stood on a stage with a microphone and transported you with his amazing voice. His signature song was Moon River. Every time I heard that song I recalled the cat in the rain scene from Breakfast at Tiffanys. Every time I watch that movie and see that scene I get teary eyed, and that;s saying something. RIP Andy Williams, crooner extrordinaire.

Carelesswhisper

Aww...RIP Andy Williams! Your Christmas music is my holiday FAVORITE!

fetch

...and as I am reading about the passing of this truly talented and wonderful entertainer, I look to the right of the screen and see a pic of Kim Kardashian, talentless and vapid...making it even sadder that one more person is gone from 'the greatest generation' and look what we now are stuck with...people that are famous for being famous...or famous for making sex tapes, to boot :(

lynn