Andy Williams

Dead at 84

9/26/2012 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0926_andy_williams_01
Legendary singer and TV host Andy Williams has died.

According to his rep, Williams passed away last night at his home in Branson, MO after a year-long battle with bladder cancer. He was 84.

The "Moon River" singer -- who recorded 18 gold and 5 platinum certified albums -- is survived by his wife Debbie and his three children, Robert, Noelle, and Christian.

He hosted "The Andy Williams Show" from 1962-1971. He also hosted the Grammys from 1971-1977.

0926_remembering_andy_williams_footer

Laura

He was an amazing talent---rest in peace, Andy.

cjs

How sad I grew up with his music in our home. Wonderful voice. A REAL voice no silly Auto-Tune, this guy had REAL talent. RIP

YouDontSay

Thank you for sharing your talent and kindness. RIP.

LiLo's boy toy

RIP old Crooner, you are a legend and will be missed.

nan

I grew up listening to his music ..He had a great talent..If I am not mistaken , he even stood by his ex wife when she was accused of murder..I bet his manager wasnt thrilled with that , but he did it anyway..

Cheryl A.

Oh dear, I grew up with his music and Christmas album. This one hits hard. Rest in Peace, Sir.

Jamie

RIP Andy. My mother was a huge Andy Williams fan - I grew up listening to his music. He will be missed.

devilgirl

Truly a sad day.

William

R.I.P. Mr. Williams. In my head, I'm hearing, "It's the most wonderful time of the year". I got to see one of your Christmas shows live, and it was great.

lissabirdie

Awwww...whatta good looking man! RIP

scoopie

Probably the most respectable entertainer that ever lived. RIP

Areukiddingme?

His television Christmas specials were amazing! Even as a little kid I knew how talented he was, not to mention his guests---like the Osmonds. These folks could really sing---such beautiful harmonies. R.I.P. Mr. Williams.

Rob

RIP Mr. Williams you will be missed,.

I never heard any of his regular hit songs just his Christmas songs, but man when you think of Christmas and Christmas songs to me there a handful of singers that comes to mind .

Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Gene Autry and Andy Williams.

Tbible

A legend with an amazing voice. You will truly be missed. RIP!

Diana

What a great voice...I came across a 45 record of his "speak softly" at my home a couple of days ago, almost tossed it, then changed my mind and kept it. Glad I did :). now listening to his songs on you Tube. RIP Andy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments