'Sons of Anarchy' Creator

Johnny Lewis Was

On a 'Destructive Path'

9/27/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0927_kurt_sutter_01
"Sons of Anarchy" creator Kurt Sutter -- who also plays "Big Otto" Delaney on the show -- isn't one bit surprised by Johnny Lewis' death yesterday ... claiming the actor had long been on a "destructive path."

Sutter posted a statement on Twitter this morning about Lewis' death, calling it "a tragic end for an extremely talented guy, who unfortunately had lost his way."

Sutter wrote, "I wish I could say that I was shocked by the events of last night, but I was not."

He added, "I am deeply sorry that an innocent life had to be thrown into his destructive path. Yes, it's day of mourning, but it's also a day of awareness and gratitude. Sadly, some of us carry the message by dying."

As we reported, Lewis was truly on a "destructive path" before his death -- being convicted of several violent crimes before allegedly murdering his landlady yesterday.

Bill Leslie

"Sadly, some of us carry the message by dying." -- what the HELL does that mean? How about a little empathy for the old lady he MURDERED and her family. damn it man.

DTD

Ya,...ya see,..He actually thought he was in a MC

Woody

I blame Eddie Murphy. He did Mr. Robinson's neighborhood in which he proclaimed, "Kill my landlord, kill my landlord." This dude was just a mindless slave.

just sayin

This guy makes a great tv show but someone needs to muzzle him.

Woody

Mike

Johnny was probably just a casual pot smoker and drinker when he was going out with Katy Perry and in the last few years he went on a death spiral with all sorts of insane drugs like crystal meth, crack, PCP, and who knows what else. The guy probably literally fried his brain so badly it turned him into a drug fueled psychopath.

I guess Johnny is like a lot of those young Hollywood stars who get some big money and fame and then proceed to blow all of it and end up being "mad at the world" because they thought they would always be rich and famous no matter what.

Mike

I wonder if Johnny was taking those designer drugs they call "bath salts". I hear that SUPER insane drug flat out makes people crazy.

Last year there was a guy in Miami who was on "bath salts" and he attacked a homeless guy and started EATING HIS FACE OFF ... literally. No joke. It was like he was a zombie on that TV show "Walking Dead". The cops couldn't get him off the homeless guy so they had to just shoot him.

I won't grow up

Another untalented nobody fifteen minute of famer dead, big f'n deal.
Mourn for the woman he murdered and her family, not for this waste of human skin.

Mermaiden

Punk-ass POS who didn't know the meaning of "cool." He wasn't much to look at, either. Probably hopped on some prescription drugs he stole from his landlady before murdering her.

dgamin

Piss off Sutter you probably had an opportunity to help the kid and didnt.

Woot

I only mourn the cat, who he beat the fck out of and ripped apart with his hands. GLAD he's dead.

CantBelieveThisCrap

Uh...he was obviously on a destructive path. Maybe people should have done something about him BEFORE he killed an innocent lady and her cat.

beayou

Why does Hollywood hire this type of person? I realize he may not have always been that bad, but he probably showed signs of it for years and he was getting work until recently. It's like the way serial woman beater Tom Sizemore keeps getting hired, or Mel Gibson, or others who are morally reprehensible. Hollywood is so messed up. There has to be an end to the "misunderstood artist" label. If you get arrested and convicted of violent crimes, you should be un-hireable, permanently. Not to mention that this guy got repeated slaps on the wrist for major crimes and put in rehab. Stop with the rehab nonsense for people convicted of any type of violent offense. Send them straight to jail and keep them there.

Blorgon

You just love the sound of your own voice, Sutter. Douche.

Oh there was a terrible tragedy involving some guy I hired once? PLUG THE SHOW! Don't forget to add that you're not shocked and it's a day of gratitude too.

Pat

I still don't understand, where were the other cult, errrrr I mean scientologists to audit him and head this all off? If the "Church" were behaving like it normally does they would have gotten most of this guy's money by making him pay for re-punctuated L Ron writings along with $3000.00 audit machines etc…He would have been too broke to buy drugs. Miscavige is slipping.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments