Honey Boo Boo Family

TLC Gave Them

HUGE RAISE

10/1/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0928-honey-boo-boo-thompson-family-TLC
June Shannon, Honey Boo Boo and the rest of the clan got an enormous salary raise from TLC after the second episode and they didn't even ask for it ... TMZ has learned.

Sources very familiar with the situation tell us ... the family received between $5,000 and $7,000 an episode at the beginning of the series. We're told after the second episode it was apparent to TLC they had a big hit on their hands, so network honchos approached the family and told them they were boosting their salary. Our sources would not be specific ... but they say the increase gave them somewhere between $15,000 and $20,000 an episode.

We're also told TLC volunteered to cover various expenses, including a bodyguard/driver for Sugar Bear, who was incapacitated after his ATV accident.

And there's more.  We're told TLC even offered to help the family find a somewhat larger, more secure home, but June refused.  She said she wanted to stay in the house because she makes a big deal over Christmas -- decorating the house for the community.  June is heavily involved in her town.

And one more thing on the money front.  We're told agents have been "swarming" around the family, trying to sign them but June has turned them away.  She says she doesn't want to make money the sole object of the show and she's worried if she signs with an agent that person will talk her into making various appearances that will take her away from her family.

Gotta say ... the family feels like the real deal.

foxypinkgirl

they have class? uh nooo. I hope they go away soon. I would not say they put family first over money, not at all. they are morons plain and simple.

deedle

bwahahahahhaha I LOVE IT, THEY are taking down the KARTRASHIANS!!!

CLINT

They all look so interested in having their picture taken. Probably think that the evil picture takin' box will steal their souls.

tgrfan42069

blast their looks all you want.but i applaud june for not moving her kids into a new house and what not.being involved in the community is a good thing.the kids seem happy and well taken care of that is all that matters.

Big Boy Pants

Hope they're putting that money towards something other than the food in their mouths ... This show is not going to have a long shelf-life.

Lmao

Seeing some of these comments makes me glad I have a college education and a degree in Social Sciences. Seriously, THIS IS AMERICA. We are a DIVERSE NATION with MANY different cultures and subcultures, if you don't like that then maybe you should leave and go to a country where nobody smiles and everybody looks the same. Anyways, while I agree that the way this family acts at times is asinine and even, in my opinion, a bit gross, I still RESPECT that they are a family who truly loves and supports one another.

CLINT

June: We's gonna get twenty thousand a show!!
Sugar Bear: That means in ten weeks we gonna be miliionaires.
Honey Boo Boo: Maybe we's can get a new front porch to sit on.
June: I ain't wastin' no money on this front porch. It's time to get that walk-in freezer I always wanted.
Sugar Bear: That dang thang is bigger than the outhouse.
June: We can set them up side by side. No need to walk very far. I hate exercise.
Honey Boo Boo: Balbber blabber blabber.

a long time Leno fan!

Hillbilly version of the Kardashians with the only difference being this family really is down-to-earth. Ah, but they'll eventually change in the end too....

berns123

They are so discusting. All of them of course I guess imbreeding will do that to you!!

Noel

One-Toof Hillbilly Freaks

palermo

After reading so much about it I turned it on for five minutes last night. I saw HBB fart, try and do a cartwheel and watched snot come out of her nose for the rest of the time. CLICK. Never ever will I turn that garbage on again, American has sunken to a new low with this show.

Code3K5

Call it what you want. What I see is a close knit family interacting together WITHOUT iPhones iPads etc.. So what if they are hillbillies, I respect the fact that they gave up a larger house and the glamor that Hollywood wants to bestow upon them to stay where they are and enjoy the lifestyle they know. Good for them.

jetfanglo

a raise?......yeah...with a crane

FTW

Watched last night.... haven't laughed that hard in years! Yes they're crude.... but they're real and they obviously love each other and their community!

Mrs. Gossip

This is how Jersey Shore started. Un****ingbelivable!