Brittany Kerr Apologizes

for Jason Aldean Hookup

'Lapse in Judgment'

10/2/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1001_brittany-kerr_getty

Brittany Kerr
has issued an apology for getting up close and personal with married country singer Jason Aldean ... chalking the whole thing up to a "lapse in judgment."

The former "American Idol" contestant says, "The actions I portrayed recently were not a representation of my true character, but a lapse in judgment on my part."

She adds, "I would like to sincerely apologize to everyone that has been affected by this, including my friends & family."

We broke the story ... Aldean put the moves on Kerr on the patio of a crowded bar on the Sunset Strip last week. Jason later issued an apology ... saying the whole thing was a drunken mistake.

Here's the question/inconsistency. Brittany told friends after we first posted the pics that she didn't know Jason was married. So, if she did know ... why does she now say she had a "lapse in judgment?" Just asking.

10_01_JASON_ALDEAN_PDA_FOOTER

Really

Didn't know he was married....except he's wearing a wedding band on his left hand! She must need glasses! They are both to blame...first Jason is a married man and alcohol or not he shouldn't have done it, second she is one of those women who doesn't care if a man is married or not...just RICH! And I have to wonder if someone tipped off Jason that TMZ or others were outside and is why he decided to leave alone. He was getting pretty friendly with this woman and it makes you wonder how many times this has happened before but didn't get caught! I hope for the sake of his little girls things work out ok.

Karlotta

They got caught, plain and simple. Otherwise, they would have no remorse.

Holdon McGroin

Yep, an apology saves marriages, forgives transgressions, fixes broken hearts and well corrects pretty much anything else your childish and juvenile mind can conceive. No future in having integrity and decency, just do your dirty and say you're sorry.

Pimpcessa

Everyone needs to stop with the "she didn't know he was married" crap. The man was filmed leaving the place with his wedding band CLEARLY right there on his left ring finger! And he looked way to drunk to have the pressence of mind to put it back on if he actually took it off for her benefit... She knew, but he is the married one not her. Whatever!

ummm?!

She knows this isn't their first time to party together. The "lapse in judgement" she's referring to, is her failure to do it behind closed doors. His excuse is just as lame as hers.

rikki

Why do these celebs who get caught with their hands in the cookie jar always apologize to their "Friends and family??"...how were their friends and family hurt?

hmmm

I can not believe all of you that are blaming the female only... Aldean is MARRIED... he knew better and the are BOTH to be blamed equally... and the name calling... ya'll GROW UP!!!

Laura

Married or not, I can't imagine anyone being attracted to this guy.

Marco

A girl once told me a couple years ago she no longer liked his music becos he slept with her friend and he was married I didn't think much of it until this totally not right!

Joe

W H O R E !!!

Sfair

Maybe she didn't know he was married, I looked at the pics didn't see a wedding ring, lots of guys don't wear them. But even if she did know, and even if she was doing it for her career, Jason is still mainly the one to be blamed. He's the one that's married, and even if she was the one coming on to him, he could have shot her down and said no i'm married, but he didn't. He's the one that made the decision to hug/kiss her knowing he was married. Another question why is his friends just standing there letting this go on, when they know he's married.

Scary

Uh, she could've not noticed the ring at the moment, but now realizes she should've been paying more attention and looking. I'm sure they were both impaired. He's really the bad one in this, since he definitely should've known better as a married man.

Scary

IceGypsy

I don't know why she's apologizing. Dude knew he was married, I don't care how drunk he was, that's not something you forget. I doubt this was the 1st time. Maybe his 1st time getting caught.

Heather

Why do people always go after the female in cases such as this? He's the married one. He took the vows. He's the s*** bag