Brittany Kerr Apologizes

for Jason Aldean Hookup

'Lapse in Judgment'

10/2/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1001_brittany-kerr_getty

Brittany Kerr
has issued an apology for getting up close and personal with married country singer Jason Aldean ... chalking the whole thing up to a "lapse in judgment."

The former "American Idol" contestant says, "The actions I portrayed recently were not a representation of my true character, but a lapse in judgment on my part."

She adds, "I would like to sincerely apologize to everyone that has been affected by this, including my friends & family."

We broke the story ... Aldean put the moves on Kerr on the patio of a crowded bar on the Sunset Strip last week. Jason later issued an apology ... saying the whole thing was a drunken mistake.

Here's the question/inconsistency. Brittany told friends after we first posted the pics that she didn't know Jason was married. So, if she did know ... why does she now say she had a "lapse in judgment?" Just asking.

10_01_JASON_ALDEAN_PDA_FOOTER

LiLo's boy toy

Ho

Bloomcounty.USA

I'd say she's apologizing because all the crazy nutters that were after Leanne Rimes are going ape**** over this one too ... does it matter that Aldean was at a meatmarket in the first place? Nope not to them, they're rabid ex-wives and ex-girlfriends that need somewhere to vent their rage. Stranger than fiction and twice as weird, lmao!

SomeGuy

Anyone with a pair of eyes can tell this isn't the first time they have met...so many times they are embracing and the look on her face...its like he is breaking off a long term affair to me

SomeGuy

Anyone with a pair of eyes can tell this isn't the first time they have met. Look at all the different embraces they have, they all show a genuine care for each other and like they have done this before. Almost looks to me like he is breaking off a long term affair.

Vernon P. Alarcon

5. aaaarrrrrrggggg........ho looks much better in subdued light (and probably after quite a few beers)

KEV

HOMEWRECKER!

LuvLeeRita

SERIOUSLY?? hahahahahaha

lisa

I didn't know who Jason Aldean was until he had that duet with Kelly Clarkson. I thought he was some kind of newbie on the scene. Even then, I didn't even know what he looked like (because I didn't care). Never even heard of Brittany Kerr before. Well, now we know who they both are.

GossipingPens

Country star Luke Bryan (pal of Jason Aldean) caught in cheating scandal of his OWN!

Brit

I don't even know who this girl is, but maybe she really didn't know that he was married. I didn't. Her lapse in judgement could have just been fooling around with a guy in public, while drunk. We've all been there when we were younger.

DWeaver

Ok, this is easy. Women tend to be held under a lot more scrutiny than men when it comes to things like this. People in general tend to forget that it takes two, and the blame for the whole thing lands solely on the woman's shoulders, even if the man is the one who is married and ideally should be responsible for being faithful. Even if Kerr didn't know that Alean was married (which is probably since not everybody knows everything about every musician out there), damage is still done in the eyes of society. Even if she didn't know, PR people would tell her to apologize for her actions and to call it a lapse of judgment or whatever else. It won't get people off her back for it though. The guy is the one who acted like a dog, but she's the one that will be marred by nasty names for a long time.

RAMBO

she is just a slut I didn't know he is married and he is a s***bag and to me the way they were acting around each other I think this is a affair. hop he's wife take's him to the cleaners

Turk182

Her and LeAnn Rimes should get together. Skanks of a feather, flock together.

RAMBO

she is just a slut I didn't know he is married Give me a break. And he is a s***bag and to me the way they were acting around each other I think this is a affair. I hope he's wife take's him to the cleaners and doesn't fall for he's lies and doesn't go in to denial and starts just blaming this slut.

Carol

She probably did it for attention. No one knew who she was before and once it blows over she'll be forgotten again.