Brittany Kerr Apologizes

for Jason Aldean Hookup

'Lapse in Judgment'

10/2/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1001_brittany-kerr_getty

Brittany Kerr
has issued an apology for getting up close and personal with married country singer Jason Aldean ... chalking the whole thing up to a "lapse in judgment."

The former "American Idol" contestant says, "The actions I portrayed recently were not a representation of my true character, but a lapse in judgment on my part."

She adds, "I would like to sincerely apologize to everyone that has been affected by this, including my friends & family."

We broke the story ... Aldean put the moves on Kerr on the patio of a crowded bar on the Sunset Strip last week. Jason later issued an apology ... saying the whole thing was a drunken mistake.

Here's the question/inconsistency. Brittany told friends after we first posted the pics that she didn't know Jason was married. So, if she did know ... why does she now say she had a "lapse in judgment?" Just asking.

10_01_JASON_ALDEAN_PDA_FOOTER

Turk182

Her and LeAnn Rimes should get together. Skanks of a feather, flock together.

RAMBO

she is just a slut I didn't know he is married Give me a break. And he is a s***bag and to me the way they were acting around each other I think this is a affair. I hope he's wife take's him to the cleaners and doesn't fall for he's lies and doesn't go in to denial and starts just blaming this slut.

Carol

She probably did it for attention. No one knew who she was before and once it blows over she'll be forgotten again.

Seldombinlaid

Maybe she was loaded as well. At least they didn't leave together. Who hasn't done something they weren't proud of when loaded? That's how a good many people end up in the slammer, for doing something they normally wouldn't do.

DaveT

She doesn't owe anyone in the public an apology, none of our business

SNAFU

Look for her in Playboy soon LOL

Joao

This common era language is a trip. "lapse of judgement" or blaming booze for your "mistake". Admit it, you're both pigs and were horny and used the venue and drinking as a prop for making out. Anyone involved in a relationship with you is making a MISTAKE... because YOU CAN'T BE TRUSTED. You have major personality flaws that goes way beyond being a pig.

kitnplayn

Because Americans are liars. No conscience.

kitnplayn

.....and not even smart liars.

Tina D

I blame both of them equally, but I do think Brittany knew Jason was married....who doesn't! He comment that it is not her true character is such bull****! That is exactly her character because she thought noone was watching, and that is indeed the true you on how you act when you THINK noone is watching!

kola

she's still a tramp she just got caught.so don't apologize now, in bet when you laid down with him you wern;t apologizing then

Pharisees

and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her

Mark

This isn't the first time he's cheated. He invites girls onto his bus after shows. His poor wife.

Andrea

leave her alone. yes she is young and supposed to make those mistakes. Jason now he knows better!!!

just sayin

At least shes hot. not like Tigers waffle house hoes. Go Jason!