Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

wendy

how can someone really know what is real vs: scripted on some of these shows? I don't buy it.

LiLo's boy toy

Kick her arse Mariah..

Celeb Gossip Addict

Of course they're worried. They should be. Both Idol and X-Factor have thrown big bucks after mentally unstable people in Mariah and Brittany. I assume both situations will blow up. I don't know what they were speaking.

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

Sounds like some good fighting ****, won't get me to watch that crap show though. And KK on XFactor, won't be watching that either.

Jen

Did they expect anything less from these two ****wads?

Latch Johnson

Lmao everyone told you this would happen. Hope your happy idiots.

theRealMccoy12

If Nicki & Mariah were contestants 4 the show the American Idol would be #Mariah

Lis

Mariah Carey has paid her dues in the industry. It's pathetic that young women idolize this ghetto rat "Nicki Minaj". She's a piece of trash and appearances on "reality" television only give her more of a podium to prove it.

kitnplayn

Oh please...you knew they would clash in a major way, so don't pretend you aren't selling the drama to compete against an onslaught of ofter similar shows such as X-Factor, The Voice...Americans are so lame and empty.

Mike

All of this nonsense is preplanned.

Sonja

These two having real, and not staged, fights might be the only thing that would make me tune into this show this season.

I am Spartacus

Nicki is ghetto trash. She can't even sing how is she judging a singing competition? She sucks and can't take the fact that Mariah is a Diva who has been around for many years and earned her ****iness. Nicki is a ghetto trash ho who got butt injections, fake boobs, some facial work, still looks gross and can't sing.

Mark

Well if this isn't a publicity stunt then I have a simple solution. Get rid of the dumb skank who knows nothing about talent and keep Mariah since she actually does something besides having a fat a55.
Honestly I've never really watched the show but what little respect I would have had for it was lost when you hired Niki Minaj as a judge. She basically represents everything that's wrong with the music industry these days and she's"exhibit A" in the case for the record labels destruction in favour of indepentand labels.

Zdub

Screw Mariah! I wish nicki would kick her azz! I don't even wanna watch the show cause Mariah is on there!

Leigh

Why is Nikki a judge? she has zero talent. All she does is use foul language and dresses like a prostitute. get someone with some class and talent.