Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

jjmfe

Classic example of what happens when we make ghetto divas our entertainment role models. Always used to love listening to Whitney Houston when she sang but hated her trash mouth off stage, perhaps Nicki Minaj is cut from the same cloth. You can take the girl (or boy) out of the ghetto, but it's hard to take the ghetto out of the girl, or boy. Very sad stuff indeed, growing up is hard to do. A tough life leaves permanent scars.

jjmfe

DBOY6

BITCH HOW U GON GET MADE BECAUSE SHE THE QUEEN BITCH TAKE YO MUTHA ****IN PLACE ON THE PANEL BITCH U KNEW THE QUEEN WAS COMIN... U MAD CUS SHE BORING... BITCH SHES SOLD MORE RECORDS THAN YO GIRL MADONNA SHE GOT THT RIGHT... U IS SO SAD N INSERCURE BITCH

badbitchesleada

Stfu Bitches Nicki Rocks F*ck the old diva , cant she should go rise her kids and leave us alone

Janet

They all said it was a stupid move to have whats her name Nicki. Never liked the way she looked and acted and glad I don't listen to her music.

erik

just a bunch of hype to try and save a show that has outlived its ratings.

soapstix

Nikki is just a mess, and why she was ever picked for this show is beyond all sense. Everyone was talking about Mariah being a Diva. I will take a real Diva over someone who just thinks they are a Diva. Nikki is trashy.

Ron

Love Nicki! I used to love Mariah, but her head did swell up thinking that she is a diva. She is definitely old news and quite blah nowadays. Nicki is just standing up for herself.

tallylovincare

Get rid of both of them and bring JLO & Steven Tyler back!!! Keep Keith though!

Ana

Get this woman out, Her mouth alone is a bad influence on young people today. All of her threats should not be taken lightly. She needs anger management therapy. To tell someone who has children that you would take her life, that if you had a gun you would shoot her. She is sick. Fame has gone to her head, shame on her. I happen to like this young woman, sorry Minaj , please hear yourself , you need to speak with someone and get help. What kind of example are you to all these young people trying to get a chance to be someone with the gift God has given them. That when you make it, that gives you the right to act like a savage and threaten people with their life. Don't think so. God bless , I pray you take a good look at yourself.

terry_villa@sbcglobal.net

AI should really get another judge to replace this Nicki person. She can't even sing and has no class. She's gonna bring down AI. If she stays as a judge, I'm skipping AI this year.

Jillian

Hey Exe's at AI---- YOU MADE A HUGE MISTAKE HIRING THIS GHETTO WHORE MINAJ.

nchamlong2

I thought it was a huge mistake to begin with having Nicki Minaj be a judge. Her "performance" last year on the live broadcast was terrible, to say the least. She has zero talent! I hope American Idol doesn't shoot itself in the foot with this one....

Erika

LMAO Nicki needs to have some damn respect. Mariah is an icon!! Why is Nicki even on this show seriously?... For ratings? How the hell is Mariah boring? because she looks normal? She doesn't need Pink hair and a weird ass outfit to be noticed... Come on. Nicki is seriously getting on my damn nerves and I considered myself a fan at one point. Fame is going to her head!!

Coco

I think they both need to go. That type behavior is inappropriate on so many levels. Just start over all ready. Why can't people act the way people are supposed to act. Show some class.

Previous 15 Comments | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments