Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

Leslie bell

Wow

Melanie

I don't even know if I will watch this year. I see enough bickering and arguing every day in real life-I have absolutely no desire to watch it in real life. I hate loud mouthed bullies.

Nancy

Nicki is so ghetto she should be honored to be in the show. I still don't know and understand why did they pick her ghetto ass. She envy's mariah because she will never have the class nor the talent that mariah has. Nicki always trying to be the center of attention, she forgets that this is a show that kids also watch. Take her F***en Ass out of the show. She shouldn't even be a judge who knows who she bang to become a singer.

kbn

i know alot of people who have watched ido from the beginning and i trust most of those people are no longer watching it with nicki added to the panel; she is not a good fit for this show...

Caroline

Nicki is so dumb for that.

sickandtired

well their both dumb skanks for going back and forth at each other. Grow the **** up. Mariah carey is sort of diva, I seen her one day and wanted a picture but she refused(bitch).LOL!! They both need to calm the **** down and rack in that money. Why rich people always unhappy and fighting. You have loads of money and still act like idiots. I understand they have problems too. But damn, spend one day with the poor and broke people and your ass will straightened up.

CD

Always knew that Nicki is just trash. No class no self-respect. What a poor role model for the contestants.

knickfan212

Nicki is out of her league. I don't know why she's a judge anyway. She just appeared on the scene a few years ago and hasn't earned the right to judge anyone.Mariah has paid her dues. Plus, take off all that makeup and Nicki Minaj looks like the wicked witch of the west.

Tammie

I don't even know if I will watch this season because of Nicki being on the show. I think she is disgusting, and bad role model for young viewers. Is American Idol doing that bad they could only find her to judge?

FMB

TEAM MARIAH 100%

Nigel Lythgoe - it's not too late to FIRE Minaj's a$$ - Pay out her pathetic ghetto contract and get RID OF HER while you're still in auditions.

Mariah is a DIVA, a true DIVA, who's paid her dues and deserves to be on a panel with other TALENT that RESPECTS her.

Colinsmommy09

Looks to me like Niki is the one being disrespectful really how immature but i guess thats a ghetto one for ya

TerriG

I stopped watching AI years ago!

tallagator

This is why I quit watching American idiot.

BlackenRose

What happened to Nicki accent? Am I the only one that realized this? I don't believe that she is from trinidad because even though she said she left around age 3-5 she should still have a accent from that region.

MMBakery

I love Keith Urban. Poor guy. What a sad display. - women are ranting and cursing and men staying calm and trying to create peacel. Thanks for the fulfilling the stereotype ladies. Not a big Mariah fan but she's earned what she has and she's the biggest star in the room.

Previous 15 Comments | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments