Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

tenley

Will. Not. Watch.

They've lost their minds hiring Nicki Minaj.

Cam

They should have dumped Nicki's ass once Mariah signed on - and they should have made it clear in Mariah's contract - no Diva ****.

hugh

Hasn't this show jumped the shark anyway?

CelebJustice

Poor Keith. They better offer him combat pay.

Angela

Didn't the do a song together awhile back? Why do they hate each other??

jacksonorleans

the producers made a wrong choice in judges. Nikki is who?? but all i see is her divaness. Too much negativity coming from this show already..feel for keith urban..might ruin his career also. wrong choices...bye bye American Idol....

Mak

How do all of the gays feel about Nicki now? LOL. Thats not a diss... I'm just saying stop supporting people cause of sexual orientation and dont say cause you like her music, cause her music is terrible. And that's not an opinion

Vanessa

I like this I can't believe it but I love it wow in real life I'm not a Nicki Minaj fan and I like Mariah's voice and music much more but yeah I agree with Nicki I would love to slap her right back to her therapist chair lolol I know I sound weird but she looks like a crazy beyotch and Nicki's fake and crazy too as hell but hey on this one #teamNicki

Gidge9

Are they really shocked? NO, it's what they wanted, the brought Niki in becaeu they think she will bring in the young and expanded ethnic viewership. Sure maybe but it will also loose the old fans. Everyone knew they would be fighting and they hope people tune in to see it. No thanks I'll turn the news on for that. Shame on AI.

fstblk

Somebody please stick a pin in Minaj.She'll never reach Mariahs status.Minaj is a big mouth no class WHENCH!!!!!! You'll never make the money Mariah has made.Stick a pin in her quick!!!!!

Aria

New found respect for Nicki! Mariah is too much. Wait I don't listen to neither one though. I shouldn't talk, I have NO talent haha.

MP

Well what did they expect to happen? Ms. Minaj should never have been hired as a judge in the first place. She simply has not been around long enough to have earned her place yet. I can't imagine the audience is going to watch a show with 2 women bickering back and forth.

Robert

Is it knee deep or face deep Harv? I think its face deep in the knees.

SweetVixen

I really don't like Nicki.

Kabala

I can't stand both of them!