Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

a long time Leno fan!

Wait, I just listened to the clip again but now I'm confused.. Was all the screeching going on last night actual cussing and banter back and forth or did they plug their ears before the show then do their best at cackling back and forth pretending to know what the other was cackling about?

Red

Manaj, Low class, no talant disrepectful nobody. This is why the world is in the sorry state it's in. No one has any respect anymore.This will be the last season of Idle with( trash mouth). I know I do not want to watch at all .Mariah YOU are a LADY.

kyethetruth

Im sure NONE of us know these women on a personal level so comments about being a Diva or one being better than the other is stupid and dramatic. All we know about them is what the media wants us to know about them. And quite frankly, the whole thing is most likely a publicity stunt to reel in viewers.

CarolinaGirl

Nicki Minaj is just plain trash..... American Idol really stooped to an all time low when they brought that trash on board.

Vicky Enriquez

If it weren't for the written conversation, I would've never understood a word this Nicki said! I've seen and heard her talk before too, and she's very loose. I was shocked when I heard she was on Idol. For me, I can't stand it when someone shouts non-stop profanities and has a mouth that just keeps running. I hope when the show starts, it's not going to be full of that, because I love watching American Idol and I sure hope she doesn't spoil it. I think she could too, because from what I've seen of her, she makes her own rules and thinks she's all that. I'm not sure anyone could really tell her anything, for one thing, she'd never let them talk, because she'd keep shouting over them.

bigal

Niki your mouth is as big as you cosmetic ass. Please shut the F#@% up. you and your nappy pink hair. You look like a cartoon character you and bobo should get your own show!!!!!!!!!

Richard Lanier

Mariah's big ass head is annoying. Finally, someone told her off. A peer. Someone who is credible in the music industry. All we see is Nicki exploding. What did Mariah do or say to piss off Nicki before that. You don't see that $hit in the video!

Martee

I think Minaj is exactly what she claims not to be, INSECURE. And she is obviously jealous of Mariah. Grow up Nikki.

Zip

My friends and I have enjoyed American Idol through the last season. However, with the addition of Misfit Minaj, our enjoyment has ended. The signing of this no talent, no class, overpaid person, will ruin this class act show. Please remove this disgusting person, or, I think we have all seen the last American Idol!

Safi

Why can't people simply get along and get the judging done? I am not bashing Nicki. I am not bashing Mariah either. But I am saying that both should keep their temper so that the contestants can display themselves. Nicki lost it a bit but she was justified in the fact that she was labeled falsely.

Safi

I wish they could both simply judge and that is that. I am not bashing Nicki but I am not bashing Mariah either. I think they should both keep it together so that they can judge the contestants waiting. Nicki went ballistic but I feel she was justified--as she labeled falsely. But stil: people are trying to become American Idols here.

kelloggsplace

Run, Keith, Run!

PM

Mariah is a long time Do***ented Mental Case and Diva. Just look at how she treats her own husband on interviews. Never understood why her ass gets kissed but that is just the medium mentality of the general public I suppose. I am actually glad someone is finally putting her in her true place. She's a nut in a different sense than Nikki's artistic differences.

PM

kenken86

lofl.....damn i dont blame nicki a bitch aint finna keep taking shots at me!!! im trying not to disrepect your old ass now...lmao!!! get her nicki....off wit her head!!!If you want a booty like Nicki Minaj check out my website www.divanation1.com
or call 1-800-832-8660... Press 1 to speak with operator. I gained 4 inches in a month
using yodi pills. I have before and after pics on the site.

Previous 15 Comments | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments