Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

really! really?

duh! Everyone saw this coming.

Verna

If I was as classy a lady as everyone think I am and someone is paying me 15 million for my services I sure as hell would do everything in my power to get along with any and everyone including my worst enemy. And would differently include my coworkers which includes Nicki Minaj

LK

NXT WK NIKKI IS RIPPING MARIAH'S HAIR OUT
& MARIAH IS WHIPPING NIKKI'S WIG ACROSS THE SET LMFAO !!!!

Ingrid

Where's the video????

Juliana

Nikki Manaj is a pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HumanNature

LETS REMEMBER THAT.............

MIMI HAS 5 Grammy Awards, 17 World Music Awards, 11 American Music Awards, and 31 Billboard Music Award.

NUT JOB = ZERO!!!!!!

Mare

PLEASE terminate that TROLL's contract!!! She has no business even being in the same room as Mariah!!! A.I. is going to lose A LOT of viewers!

Columbo

Said before and I will say it again. I will not watch 2 seconds of this show this season if that No Talent Clown Nicki M. Is on the show bribe producers must be on crack to stick this SKANK on the show. Effing terrible. And she has the most annoying voice.

Jody

Why are people who watch these reality series so damn stupid that they don't realize that EVERY reality series is the same. DRAMA, cursing, tears, storming out…DRAMA

Everything is staged dumbasses.

Kim

That's what AI get for putting that ghetto hoodrat onthe panel, she is a joke, if I were the contestants I would just totally ignore her ignorant a**.

Mia

Let the fans call in and vote Nicki Minaj off the show! AI has sunk to a big low if they keep her, glad I'm not watching anyways.

Kàt

Stay strong Keith, and always remember and never forget, no matter how bad it gets between the two
be- ottches: just say no to drugs

Columbo

Nicki is just an ugly as clown. Can't sing for sh*t.

MikeD

Holy Krap man ! ! ! !

Me

Can we make the whole panel disappear?