Chris Brown

DUMPS Karrueche

Rihanna's The Reason

10/4/2012 8:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1004_chris_karueche_rihanna
Chris Brown says he has officially BROKEN UP with his girlfriend Karrueche Tran ...  explaining, "I don't want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna."

Brown just made the announcement ... saying, "I have decided to be single to focus on my career. I love Karrueche very much but I don't want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna."

He adds, "I'd rather be single allowing us to both be happy in our lives."

The announcement comes after Brown and Rihanna were spotted together at the Jay Z concert in Brooklyn last night. The two had been hanging around each other A LOT lately ... and did some hardcore flirting at the MTV VMAs.

Karrueche had posted a cryptic tweet last night reading, "Bye baby."

Now it makes sense.

Jenn

She got out lucky. Last girlfriend that complained about his cheating got beat up....

Guest

Anybody that didn't see this coming is blind. She's been prepping the public for this reunion for several months.

blackci9100

its about time!

Seldombinlaid

Mark my words. Watch RiRi get treated like a punching bag again, but this time by Chipmunk Browns X Girlfriend.

chefadam

Usually you break up with somone before you start ****ing the other one or for that matter beating them.

Sunset

Chris WILL beat her again and I won't feel sorry for her. She is stupid and has a low self esteem. She also watched her father beat her mother so she thinks violence against women is acceptable. Also it is obvious that Chris was cheating on his gf for a long time! He is lying to call it a friendship. Please! He has been sleeping with Rhianna for months. I also have read on ROL that his girlfriend dumped him! Regardless it was wrong to publicly state that he broke up with her and chose to be single. That is classless just like John Mayer said about Jennifer Aniston. Also there is no way he loved his girlfriend because you don't cheat on someone you love especially as openly as he did kissing her at the VMAs! Chris is a woman beater and sleazeball. I hope he goes to jail for violating his probation and makes friends with Bubba. LOL

slammin426

They were absolutely not done w/each other so let the chips fall where they may...They're young and gotta learn how it works. I wish them well!

the TRUTH

THE TRUTH IS HIS "FRIENDSHIP" WHY WOULD SOMEONE BE HURT BY A SIMPLE FRIENDSHIP UNLESS THERE WAS SOMETHIGN OTHER THAN A FRIENDSHIP TSK TDK GUESSING SOMEONE HAS SKELETONS THEY DONT WANT PEOPLE TO SEE IN THEIR CLOSET FUNNY HOW YESTERDAY HE WAS WITH RIRI IN A CONCERT " WITH OUT HIS GF BUT WITH HIS EX I MIGHT ADD*** THE NEXT BREAKS UP WITH HIS GF CUZ HE DONT WANNA SEE HER GET HURT?????? WONDER WHY :)

raadbassam

Call me crazy, but I think we're misinterpreting the whole situation. I honestly think that Chris and Rihanna are just friends.

raadbassam

Karruche gave up on Chris against the media. They're saying that he was kissing at the club. Well, where is the picture?

raadbassam

God, Chris have been in so much in these past 3 years. Chris be strong and remember tough times don't last but tough people do. Don't let them bring you down.

jak

Pleeese! Karreuche probably dumped him and he's spinning it to make himself sound like he is something that he definitely is not.

MikeZodiak

LOOKS LIKE CHRIS BROWN HAS AIDS?....YOU DON'T GET SKINNY LIKE THAT FROM WORKING OUT..

krys723

This is incredibly stupid...why do STUPID PEOPLE ALWAYS DO STUPID THINGS?!!!!

satira

I Thinkk Chriss &ndd K Makeee A Wonderfull Couplee Bhutt Maybee Chrisss Ihsss Jusss Tryinggg Gett Ohnnn Hiss Goodd Sideee Wittt Rihannaa Mghtt Stilll Havee Feelingggss Bhutt i Thinkkk Hee Trulyy Lovesss Bothhh Ohff Themmm