Obama

Romney Disses Little Kids

Over Nickelodeon Prez Show

10/8/2012 10:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1008_obama_mitt_nick
President Obama's peeps say Mitt Romney is gonna be sorry for blowing off a bunch of kids who participated in the Nickelodeon show, "Kids Pick the President."

The premise of the show -- kids submit questions to each candidate and based on the answers they make their pick for leader of the free world.

Obama answered the kids' questions, but Romney said he didn't have the time.

Deputy National Press Secretary Adam Fetcher tells TMZ, "It's no surprise Romney decided to play hookey. Kids demand details, and I'm sure they want some answers on why Romney could increase their class sizes, eliminate their teacher's jobs, raise taxes on their families and slash funding for Big Bird."

Fetcher ends with this zinger: "'The dog ate my homework' just doesn't cut it when you're running for President."

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

jennifer

Mitt Romney should not become president he want to take everything of the poor and give to the rich do you think that right i now that some parents can't work but at least there trying to.And obama he a good President keep it up thank you for making the world a better place and am a kid writing this letter in high school

Katy

This has to be one of the most vicious political attack ads ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbVLeAgwDXw

johnny

so obama has time to do the view and kids pick the president but is to busy to meet with israel's prime minister and romney is the bad guy?? im confused

branflake

As others have stated, in the past, both Democratic and Republican candidates entertained the kids questions. Think about it this way, these kids have parents and maybe some of those parents are undecided voters. Obama may have won voters simply based on the fact that he took the time to answer the kids questions. I'm not voting for either candidate, but logically speaking, it was a strategic PR move on Obama's part, both to get in the good graces of the parents of the children but also to educate the children. I always take my kids with me to vote and have since they were newborns. It is never too early to get involved in the "democratic" process.

Meagan corrigan

I tell my mom who to vote for soo I'd like to know y they both want to be president

allie

mitt romney should be president i think because obama is not what i thought he would be.

Brandon

LOL> I think Kids Pick the President bashing is the least of our troubles. How about the enormous lies spread by both parties. Obama was bought and paid for by mainly Goldman Sachs. Guess who's funding Romney, Goldman Sachs. Why do you think voting for either of these frauds will change anything. Stand up and realize your true power people, it's not that hard..

arybella