TV Anchor Jennifer Livingston

I Don't Hate the Guy

Who Called Me Fat

10/8/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

100812_jennifer_livingston_launchJennifer Livingston says she has no hard feelings toward the "bully" who wrote in to her TV station and called her obese ... telling TMZ, "I hope people kinda leave him behind and leave him alone."

Livingston -- a news anchor at CBS WKBT in Wisconsin -- arrived to L.A. this weekend to appear on the "Ellen" show ... where she'll explain why she fired back at a viewer who said she was a bad role model because she doesn't promote a healthy lifestyle.

Jennifer went on the air and blasted the guy ... admitting she is overweight but saying, "You don't know me. You are not a friend of mine. You are not a part of my family ... I am much more than a number on the scale."

But at LAX, Livingston told us she hopes her situation makes more people aware about the negative impact of bullying -- saying, "I just think it's a discussion that needs to happen across the country ... and I think it's one that hopefully I'm bringing to the forefront."

anne

i think the guy has a case of having this station "bully" him! he should sue. he wrote a personal letter to her and she made it public. she put him in harm. SHE IS THE BULLY without thought to herself and her station and without thought to his privacy and respect of opinion. he didn't write the letter to the station or as opinion, the letter was private. he should sue

big mama

This dispicable left wing k unt needs to quit lying to herself and the world.This is not about "bullying"(latest leftwing asault on the first amendement) .As she well knows by the email from this person it is about the obesity epidemic literally driving up heath care costs and medical problems.She won't even admit that she is mobidly obese ...morbidly obese.Insteard as he suggeswted she is a public figure and should raise public awareness and LOSE SOME WEIGHT for gods sake..The only victim you are is to the feed bag.

Parker

Hey ......why hate him...you are fat....hell hed be lying if he said you were skinny....yeah youre a cow of a woman...and in this day and age there is no reason to be fat.....especially if youre on tv....cant be wider then the tv screen!

FLO

Perhaps he was overcir***cized b4 he was a fat kid and critcizing a woman who recently created another human being in her body makes him feel better about his shortcomings.

devilgirl

Of course she doesn't hate the guy, because it has given her tons of publicity whining about how she got called fat, which she is.

Jeannine

I also dont feel that this was ' bullying'. This person was expressing his opinion about a public persona. She over reacted and the whole thing is basically just silly. She IS overweight and would be very attractive if she were slimmer

Julie

I'm not sure that's really bullying. We seem to throw that word out there too much to shame someone when we disagree with them. Sad thing is, the word has begun to lose its impact because of the overuse. As such, the plight of true victims of bullying (i.e., school children who contemplate suicide because of being singled out, taunted, and/or tormented) are being minimized.

Kate

Wow, what a bunch of haters in the comments. (No shock really.) I think calling the guy a 'bully' is a bit of a stretch, but he is certainly a gigantic jerk. He doesn't know her medical history or the genetics she was born with, and to judge her suitability as a role model based solely on her weight is really douchey. I'd rather my kids have an intelligent, decent person to look up to, even if that person happens to be fat, than some moron who feels the need to write letters to people to insult them for their body type.

Ace

The more she talks, the less is going in her pie-hole.

TheTruthIs

Way TOO MUCH PC these days. But the real issue here is that the guy was a rude a**hole. No manners. No sense of proper social behavior. So like too many other loud-mouthed idiots in our society today. We see a fair share of them on TMZ!

Bagman

I am sorry but the letter was not bulling her, it was trying to stop enabling her and help her understand kids today have to stop seeing obese people and thinking that is ok. People need to stop thinking they are getting bullied and trying to be so defensive and maybe understand people might be (in there own way) trying to help. She is a pig and I know if that were me, I would be ashamed.

miu

I'm sick of this. If she were really trying to get in shape she would have succeed. I know people with theorid conditions too and all of them lost their weight, we met during we were already tring to lose it. They think it's a shame this is used as an excuse. You get medication to adjust what the theorid is failing.
Exercising is good but it does'nt help if you keep eating everything you desire. It's healthier than to do nothing of course. But it's not healthy to eat too much, even if you think you're eating healthy food. Too much is never healthy, no matter what it is.
I bet every skinny Anchor lady already got a letter like she did. Underweight is'nt any better but I don't think any of them would get attention or support like she did. And i certainly don't think it was bullying at all. Maybe rude but that's all.
Sorry for my poor spelling...

USArmy

It figures the moronic media would label this a bullying case. Has nothing to do with that. It is a guy offering his opinion about what he sees and thinks. The lady and the media have thin skins who can't take criticism. Media protecting one of their own.

Pound Sand

When I first saw this story, I did think this guy was in the wrong and incredibly rude. I then found out that the email he sent was private and was not posted openly on-line and I now have a very different opinion. The guy's email was not bullying. A few years back I had an illness and was pretty much immobile for months. During this time, I gained a lot of weight. After I was feeling better I continued to eat what I wanted and did not exercise. One day one of my friends told me that I really needed to get busy losing weight.I was at first offended even though I knew it was true. My friend was not bullying me but just pointed out fact.I was lazy and completely responsible for how I looked and felt about being fat. So I got busy and I have now lost all of the weight and feel 10 years younger again. If this woman is okay with her weight then there was no reason to publically acknowledge a private email. If she is not okay with her weight then she needs to look at herself honestly and get busy. Either was there was no reason to make this email public and is in no way bullying.

Thetruth

Too bad , she would be really hot if she lost about 100lbs.
She has a pretty face.