TV Anchor Jennifer Livingston

I Don't Hate the Guy

Who Called Me Fat

10/8/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

100812_jennifer_livingston_launchJennifer Livingston says she has no hard feelings toward the "bully" who wrote in to her TV station and called her obese ... telling TMZ, "I hope people kinda leave him behind and leave him alone."

Livingston -- a news anchor at CBS WKBT in Wisconsin -- arrived to L.A. this weekend to appear on the "Ellen" show ... where she'll explain why she fired back at a viewer who said she was a bad role model because she doesn't promote a healthy lifestyle.

Jennifer went on the air and blasted the guy ... admitting she is overweight but saying, "You don't know me. You are not a friend of mine. You are not a part of my family ... I am much more than a number on the scale."

But at LAX, Livingston told us she hopes her situation makes more people aware about the negative impact of bullying -- saying, "I just think it's a discussion that needs to happen across the country ... and I think it's one that hopefully I'm bringing to the forefront."

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Sometimes, words of encouragement can be perceived wrong.

Em

I don't consider what happened as bullying. So if her doctor told her the same thing (and I'm sure he has) that would mean he was being a bully too??

Beauty

I don't think it is bullying to call someone fat if they indeed ARE. If a fat or obese person has a problem with being called fat or obese they need to get over it. Frankly, I think most fat individuals are hyper-sensitive about such comments because its true and they know it. Well, easy solution for most of you - stop being ****ing fat then. Push away from the table, hoss. Most people TRY to keep their weight in check and suffer while avoiding the yummy foods we all love and enjoy. Whilst most fat persons eat with wild abandon then get all QQ when others make comments. To those lot I say tough ****. To the bigguns who are the way they are due to genetic and/or medical reasons, well Bless your hearts.

Mike419

COUPLE OF THINGS TO CONSIDER:

1. IF THAT EMAIL DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU THEN WHY DID YOU GO ON A BIG RANT? ADMIT IT, YOU LET THAT EMAIL GET TO YOU. IF YOU'RE TRYING TO PROMOTE A HEALTHY LIFE STYLE, ESPECIALLY OVER TIME, THEN YOU HAVE FAILED.

2. YOUR NOT FAT, YOUR OBESE. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU COULD LOSE 50-80 POUNDS

3. THE EMAIL WAS NOT HURTFUL, IN LESS YOU BELIEVE "TRUTH HURTS."

4. EITHER WAY, THE SEGMENT SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED. THERE'S BETTER NEWS OUT THERE TO REPORT.

campy

Aside from agreeing 100% with the viewer that wrote to criticize the news anchor for not bothering to promote a healthy lifestyle I have only one other thing on my mind: PASS ON THE CAKE AND ORDER A SALAD!

Carl

I believe Livingston is the bully here by calling Krause a "Bully" on air.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I have wanted to email news women and tell them their hair looks awful and helmet-like or that their make-up is unflattering. I never have, but I've wanted to.

timmons

She's a drama queen and the caboose on the Bullying train. The email sender may have been "insensitive" but it was nowhere near bullying. I get what she's trying to accomplish but she's kind of victimizing herself (and making herself a martyr) in the process, and that doesn't do much for her argument. I was more offended by her on-air diatribe than the content of his email She's in the public eye, it comes with the territory. I understand she has some health issue that fattened her up - maybe she should make that her crusade instead. Sorry for her troubles but I am not impressed with her or what she's done. Show me a positive end result, maybe then I'll give her props.

Sam

She's fat, he is an *******, who ****ing cares.

Phishie from Philly

Wisconsin! There ain't no heavy set women anchors in NY or Philly. I'm just sayin
Phishie from Philly

Phishie from Philly

She's not fat. She needs to lose 100lbs before she is fat.

JDUB

Someone indirectly called me fat - I got on a crowded elevator and some guy said "sure doesn't skip many". He could have meant the elevator stopping at a lot of floors, but he really meant me not skipping any meals. At first I felt really painfully offended and thought what a jerk. But then I thought hey, I do need to lose weight. And I did. Sometimes the truth hurts, but more people need to hear it, even me.

Phishie from Philly

I'm not fat. I'm just not skinny.

Bill Leslie

well she is fat and Obama will cut her health insurance if she doesn't meet the minimum BMI

rob

Hey lady your are fat and if i want to look at fat people i"ll leave the house.lose some weight or lose your job.