Matthew McConaughey

Reduced to Skin & Bones

10/8/2012 4:17 PM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

Matthew McConaughey looks skinny after weight loss.Looking even more emaciated and gaunt than before, a frail Matthew McConaughey was barely recognizable as he -- with the help of his mother Kay -- left a church in Austin this weekend.

As TMZ previously reported, the normally buff and shirtless 42-year-old is wasting away to play Ron Woodruff in the movie "The Dallas Buyer's Club," the true story of a man who contracted HIV through drug use in the '80s and has to smuggle life-saving medications from Mexico.

0824_weight_loss_footer

Stacy Allison

Please don't do this to your body just for entertainment!

tgrfan42069

the things people will do for money.he is an A list actor.he could still gain tons of blockbuster roles had he turned this down

TJ

He looks like a victim from the Holocaust! Hope it's worth the damage to your health,buddy?

Jay W.

He's crazy, but I'll applaud the dedication.

Little_Leota

I'm always amazed at what celebrities will do for a movie. Tom Hanks and a few others have done such nonsense.

Duke Steele

Hey! Look at me. I'm suffering for my "art". Wow.I'm such a great "actor". Has this guy ever had a real job? Is it really necessary to do this and call it"work"?What a moron.

TJ

The look in his eyes-scary!

Pat

This not a big deal. He stopped working out so his muscles atrophied (shrunk and got smaller) and he cut his diet back so he wouldn't gain fat.
He dropped down to skinny person's size.
Skinny people are not necessarily sick and damaging their organs.
It just looks weird on him because we are used to him being bigger.
No big deal except that he had to be hungry for a few months so the pounds would fall off.
He is not dying for a movie.

bring back recent posts

..........STUPID.....................PLAIN AND SIMPLE!.....his poor organs!!!!!!!!!!

Marie

I really hope he is losing weight in a healthy way.

lookItsMegRyan

Has he never heard of special effects?

MDG

I'm not buying that this is for a movie. Something else is going on here.

Rusty Shackleford

god forbid that they just hire a skinny actor.

actors that do this are the epitomy of arrogance and foolishness.

bart

I think Matthew is an idiot for what he is doing. No part is worth risking your life for. This is serious what he is doing and I think it is a horrible idea. The producers should not allow this to happen and they should have found a skinny actor to play the part. I put the blame on both Matthew and the producers is something happens to Matthew's health. He has a family with kids to worry about now so doing something like this sets a bad example to younger actors to follow.

Mokie

Seems like there should be laws to protect and prevent people from making money off people who put themselves in harms way like this...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments