« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Larry Johnson

Charged

Felony Domestic Violence

10/11/2012 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1010_larry_johnson_01
Former NFL star Larry Johnson has been charged with felony domestic violence after allegedly strangling an ex-gf in Vegas last week, TMZ has learned.

According to the Clark County D.A., Larry was charged with one count of felony domestic battery stemming from the incident.

He faces a max of 5 years in prison and a $15,000 fine. FYI -- the fine for non-strangulation felony domestic battery is only $10,000.

As we previously reported, 32-year-old Johnson -- who once signed a $45 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs -- was arrested last week for the alleged attack inside the Bellagio hotel.

Johnson has denied the allegations.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jordan

Time to Blame it on the NFL and all the concussions he allegedly suffered.

who-me

dude is an *******

Dan

Why do you keep refering to him as "a former Kansas City Chief" while showing him in a Bengals uniform? We ran him out of town here in KC. If anything he is a former Miami Dolphin since that's the last team he played for.Just refer to him as a former NFL player and quit associating him with a particular team.

Eddie

As the old LAPD used to say: NHI.

jen

Wasn't he just whining the other day about how he was innocent? And yet their was enough to charge him with a felony! Not only that but he has a history too. I hope this arrogant, violent jerk gets the maximum punishment.

NOT ELMO

Lock him up....

Elmer Fudd

another fine citizen.

tessa

Used to be that professional athletes were held to a standard of conduct. Now, just like the rest of America, we've lowered the standards so far that thugs and hooligans rule.

Eric

As a lifelong Kansas Citian and longtime Chiefs fan, I hope they put this loser in jail and throw away the key.

writenow

Eric

TMZ, please go back to using this photo of Johnson: http://ll-media.tmz.com/2009/03/02/0302_larry_johnson_split_spy-1.jpg

Don Martin

LJ better have one helluva legal team 'cause in Clark County running his big mouth wont save him from meeting bubba.

IceeAGem

I just got out of a relationship with a guy who played football. He was a charming manipulator, add do that handsome. By the end of a brief 5 month relationship. He got into an accident twice in my car, YET, would RAGE if i decided to drive my own car. Ladies night for me came to an end because of his INSECURITIES, he would spend the day @ my job in the parking lot STALKING me, he went into my email account and got mad at me for something that happened before i even knew him. WTF.....He used RAGE and Tears anytime I told him it wasn't working out, i even told him i don't like him anymore, he wouldn't let me break up with him. I found out he was CHEATING on my that was it... I was done. I told him to leave and he did but not before tearing up my apartment, breaking my laptop, and PUNCHING a hole in my wall. I got a restraining order and moved. His delusional mind thought he could just promise me a new laptop and we could be back together. I know for a FACT i would have became his PUNCHING BAG if i hadn't got away. I came FACE to FACE with evil. I feel sorry for any woman that falls for his hazel eye charm.

Lynn M

Told you it was a serious charge. You don't even have to leave marks these days. Just a person you've had intimaate relations with at some point in your life making the claim and you being in the wrong place at the wrong time.