« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Teresa

Letting Michael Vick own a dog is like letting Jerry Sandusky run a daycare !!

lilo

He shouldn't have a dog or a kid. He is obviously a sociopath and possibly a psychopath

una

I can't believe he is allowed to have a dog!!!!!! What's next - giving children to released pedophiles????

Scott Levy

This monster shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a dog ever again. Hell, he should still be in prison. What he did to those poor animals was barbaric and no one who isn't a psychopath would treat a living creature in a such a despicable manner!

M. Reed

I have one thing to say. Should a pedophile be allowed to adopt a child after they have 'done their time'?

Pimpcessa

I want sooooo much to believe that he's changed.....for that dogs sake. I can't believe the amount of actual hate I had for this guy, and how easy it was to hate him because of what he did.

nancee

And what is this savage going to do the first time the dog Messes on the carpet or chews something. How can someone who did what he did teach anybody about being kind and responsible pet owners?
This is a sad, sorry situation.

nancee

Uhh maybe because the dog is going to be under the care of a savage who killed dogs with his own hands. How is this piece of crap going to handle it when the dog chews something or messes in the house????

Celeb Gossip Maven

He is DISGUSTING!

SouthernBelle

If George Zimmerman can claim that he didn't kill Trayvon and Casey Anthony is free, why can't Vick have a dog? These two murdered humans who actually have a soul. Where's the justice!

DanicaMarie

It has nothing to do with him being ABLE to care for an animal. It should have everything to do with he doesn't deserve to have the joy an animal can bring. He should never be able to feel the unconditional love an animal can give. Disgusting man.

MikeD

This piece of garbage shouldn't own a dog. Him and his thug friends used to drive around and take other peoples pets from their yards,duct tape their snout shut so it couldn't protect itself to teach their dogs to kill. Why should he be allowed to own a pet? Cause he did his time? Let's say Jerry sandusky gets out of jail (unlikely but let's just say) should he be aloud to run another charity with kids or even be around kids because he did his time? That is just ignorant.

azneck1

Good for him. Mike Vick does more now for animal welfare than the majority of the people on here that are griping about him. Before you point a finger, what have YOU personally done for animal rights, lately? Nothing? Michael Vick has done more.

Mark Newcomb

Like giving a mass murderer more people to kill. He is a piece of trash. I watch the Eagles every Sunday hoping he dies on the field so I can watch.

azneck1

I love these morons that compare animal's lives to human lives. Somehow the death of an animal is comparable or worse than raping or killing a child in their minds. Sad state of mentality...