Brad Pitt

Talks About His Druggie Past

10/13/2012 4:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1013_brad_pitt_gettyBrad Pitt is pretty confident -- even though his days of drug use are LONG GONE, he thinks could land in any city, at anytime and score some dope ... just give him 24 hrs.

Pitt is promoting a new film he executive produced called "The House I Live In," a documentary that takes a hard look at the war on drugs, which Pitt believes is floundering.

According to The Huffington Post, Pitt introduced a screening of the film by telling the crowd, "My drug days are long since passed but it's certainly true that I could probably land in any city in any state and get you whatever you wanted ... Give me 24 hours or so."

Pitt believe the fact that drugs being so accessible -- even for someone long out of the game like himself -- is why the so-called drug war isn't working.

He continues, "We have spent a trillion dollars. It's lasted for over 40 years. A lot of people have lost their lives for it. And yet we still talk about it like it's this success."

B

Wow. Whoever wrote this piece needs to go back to school. Can't spell, missing words and bad grammar. No excuse for this.

john

Not my favorite actor by far, but I think he is right on!!! I have been saying this for years!!! Our government is so friggin STUPID, they are just wasting our taxpayer dollars as usual.

DUds

The war on sex offenders is the same. We spend over $500,000,000 per year on the registry and yet it doesn't stop people like Sandusky.

Ace

De-Criminalize drugs and take ALLLLL the money the police departments spend on expensive toys to fight drugs and use the money for intense education for kids.

Acorr234

I completely and thoroughly agree with brad. Drugs take many lives. I think it's the biggest issue with kids today. I know for a fact.

ragu4u

Hey Brad, the real dope you need to worry about is the one you're living with!

BellaBoo

24 hours? Really? I don't even do anything but think I could find just about anything in an 8 hour work day..

Stacy

I know this isn't the first do***entary about drugs and how it's effecting and infecting peoples lives. Brad Pitt has alot of fans/followers. If he can reach a few of them, thats alot more than most people who do nothing but talk about how the "addict" is a pos.

Gotta love Canada

Listen, everyone wants a quick buck, no where more then in the USA. As such, drugs will be around forever. Americans are losing their capacity to
make moral judgments.

reyna

Classic case of do as I say, not as I've done. Bet his parents were concerned about his druggie days, but now that he's a dad he gets it. I think he'd be better off shaving and getting a shower and haircut...that'd be the way to model citizenship for young people. The only reason he gets TMZ time is because of his celebrity status. Otherwise, he'd be just another homeless-looking dude rambling on and on about the good old days when he smoked a bowl with his buds.

Buckaroobonzai

just proof brad is disconnected from the world. Yes drugs are everywhere, but not like they have been in the past. Here in Miami, one used to be able to by drugs on almost every street corner but it just isn't like that anymore. The cocaine wars almost destroyed this city.

some guy

It is a sad sign of the times that politicians would rather sign legislation that are politically correct instead of following policies that are the pragmatic and sensible thing to do. The only thing our war on drugs has accomplished is to make drug lords and people who run prisons rich. Are more jails really what the American people want to spend their tax dollars on?
It's not even the illegal street drugs that are the greatest problem. It's the prescription pills that are flooding the neighborhoods. Just look at the story about that "Smallville" actor. Wonder where he got all those pills from. Could the pharmaceuticals actually be more concerned with profit than your well-being? Boggles the mind I know.

some guy

Pat

Typical, the only time these guys come out for anything is when they have a film to promote. Remember after 9/11 they were all Glad Handing the NYFD? don't see much out that now do ya?

Sam

Angie is a junkie and has to score all the time, I bet he is a gentleman and gets her dope for her from time to time. Oh yeah, and slams it with her. ****ing lying addict.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments