Tour Bus Companies

We're WARNING Drivers

About TX Checkpoint

10/13/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1012_willie_snoop_armie_fiona
Several large tour bus companies tell TMZ, they are WELL AWARE of the perilous border checkpoint In Sierra Blanca, Texas -- where multitudes of celebs have been arrested for sneaking drugs on board their buses -- and now, they're taking steps to avoid the same fate.

You'll recall, rapper Nelly's tour bus was pulled over at the notorious checkpoint Wednesday night -- and police claim they found heroin and mass amounts of marijuana on board. A passenger on the bus (not Nelly) fessed up to owning the drugs, and was placed under arrest.

But the Nelly incident was only the latest in a long string of celebrity drug busts at Sierra Blanca -- the list also includes Fiona Apple, Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg ... it goes on and on.

Now, several bus companies tell TMZ, they're aware of the potential risks associated with driving through Sierra Blanca, so they're warning their drivers to stay alert and keep an eye out for any contraband on board their buses.

One company says their drivers now inform passengers about the checkpoint ahead of time, giving them "a warning to abandon all illicit items if they do happen to sneak some aboard."

Meanwhile, another says, “It’s just idiotic. Just plain idiotic to risk having something like that on board. You’d have to be stupid to allow that kind of stuff on the bus. That’s why we make sure that doesn’t happen on our line.”

Sierra Blanca: the anti-drug.

just because

how is weed not legal yet? but they only sell 20 cigarrettes at a time....they would turn 150% profit if they sold 10 packs of cigarettes for 50% the price

TMZ Superfan

This is a bunch of BS. Anyone associated with the music industry knows that many artists, probably most, carry some form of illegal drugs on their buses. It's just the way it is. Artists like to get high on their choice of drug and they're going to bring it on their buses. Artists are not going to stop doing their drugs, so, you might as well find a new route to take.

Puffy B.

Seems like it would be easier just to take another route.

Fuck Celebrities

There's a simple fix... DON'T USE ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES!

If these morons have to use drugs to enjoy the company of their "friends", they should stop wasting everyone's time and shoot themselves now.

jordii

Wouldn't it make more sense not to use illegal drugs in the first place then you have nothing to worry about.

ManiacalZebra

You'd think they'd have learned by now, but I guess they were too high on whatever keeps getting them caught.

Danielle

I want to know why the cops have a right to search these buses without cause?

Uh

Sounds like the Sierra Blanca checkpoint has taken the first step to eliminating whining junkies.

jen

High profile celebrities have been busted there and it's pretty well known that those having drugs are getting busted going through there yet people are still dumb enough to try getting away with bringing drugs through the checkpoint. SMH

e33

I recently drove from CA to FL and had to look this checkpoint up. I got pulled to the side and searched in my car. I didn't have any weed, but did have a vaporizer. The dog must have smelled it. After damaging my TV by assuming there was weed on board, they found nothing. I went on my way after about 15 mins w/ my vaporizer. This place is good, I would recommend a different route.

S

White trash red neck Texas I got stopped there, I guess cause I had Cali tags... Fortunately no drugs, but they tore the car apart, made me pull out all my luggage. A total intimidation job. I am so glad Im white and not brown or black... Texas Sucks born again Christian freaks.

Mazor

Just take a different route ffs.

PT

Sierra Blanca - god-forsaken ****e hole.

David

All of these people are LOW LIFE creatures!!! Bad part of our society........

David

The only ones complaining here are those that use drugs. No good to society!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments