Lindsay Lohan

I'm Sitting Down

with Barbara Walters

10/14/2012 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1014_lindsay_barbara_walters_tmz_getty
Lindsay Lohan will continue her chatty streak (following her appearance on TMZ Live this week) and will sit down for a one-on-one interview with the legendary Barbara Walters ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ she has been close to Walters for years and that Barbara reached out to her about doing an interview when it was announced she'd be playing Liz Taylor in the upcoming "Liz & Dick" biopic.

We're told LiLo has been hesitant about sit-down interviews because she fears being asked questions she's not prepared for. But our sources say Lindsay trusts Barbara not to take things too far.

According to our sources, Lindsay and Barbara will sit down sometime in the next few weeks. We're told the interview will focus on the parallels between the lives of Lindsay and Liz Taylor -- things like child stardom, a rough childhood, living life in the public, and also dealing with addiction.

Our sources say the plan is for the interview to air next month to coincide with the premiere of "Liz & Dick."

chelsey

If Barbara wants us to believe this interview she won't BS us. Barbarah should say stuff life, don't you think it was WRONG to allow someone like Lindsay Lohan to play an Iconic Actress, a true MOVIE STAR. Why is Lindsay still denying she has a drugn and alcohol problem, why isn't she in rehab, where does she get her money from? Everyone knows that celebs (for Lindsay I use that word loosely) get freebee's, free trips, clothes, money to appear at places, Kim K gets $50,000.00 a tweet, what does Lindsay get. Why does she continue to deny her mother is on something. The whole Dr Phil was mean to my mom was BS. I just hope Barbara Wa Wa asks REAL questions. Obiously, they'll show clipsbefore the interview so unless I think it's worth watching (I'm talking the interview, I will NOT be watching the movie about Elizabeth Taylor, anyone who knew anything about Elizabeth Taylor knew she hated being called LIZ)

Lindsay Lohan Fan Forever

This will be a great interview.

ketjo

I will not watch and movie ....commerical.....program...that has this Drug Out Whore on it or associated to it in any way that will benifit her in any way.....except were I can have a say...
Shyt is Shyt.....
and Lindsay Lohan is a big pile of Shyt...

MR. POP CULTRE

Happy For Lilo To Get A Interview To Set The Record Straight But Don't Say To Much Like You Always Do To The Press!

Phreaky

Who cares - if Barbara asks anything other than questions about that stupid movie, Blohan will LIE her ass off, and who cares to listen to her ramble on about this awful movie?

Ellie G

I have learned my lesson. I dont drink anymore. My mother is a saint. My father is dead to me. I just want to work. I love being on set. People tell lies about me.

Theres her interview.

Your welcome

ketjo

Barbara Walters interviews are now only for fillers....when they having nothing else to show.....
Nobody watches them. !!!

janet

Hear we go again...speed dial TMZ and Lohan is always the source. Yeah, and of course 'close' to Walters for years. Pure BS. How much is Lohan getting paid? This is a joke. Walters has been done years ago.

Yeah, Like Lohan is going to say I'm a mean, nasty drunk and drug addict. C'mon already.

odie

Crackie lies in EVERY interview she does. Walters must be paying her a fortune-she needs the money-to tell "untruthfull lies". The thing is-the LIES-that's what she gets the most hate on. People's private lives should be private, whether they're a celebrity or not. But if your agree to an interview then it's open season on the ridicule. If Crackie really wants a comeback and to put her past behind her the last thing she needs to do is first talk about her private life and then LIE about it. She needs to keep her shyt tight, keep her mouth shut, work on her craft, and understand it will take time to change her image. Oh, and most paramount, get treatment for her addictions and mental health issues. Hasn't she figured out yet that all the lies she tells about her sobriety requires more energy than actually getting sober for real?

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Time to milk the public with nonsense interviews.

palermo

WHY is this loser getting so much air time? She's a drunk, a druggie, a criminal and a liar. It's time for Babs to retire if this is the best she can find to interview. Linds hasn't had a real acting career in years.

Terriwith2arfs

Barbara must really be hard up for subjects.

janet

What a total waste of time. Jeez, Walters are you that hard up you have to embarass yourself with this BS interview? No one is going to believe a word she says.

The only reason she was hired was because she was cheap and somewhat of a name. No other reason. Lohan was cheap and in no position to demand anything then what she got. And look at all the crap Lohan pulled on the shoot.

There is no or never was any parallel of anykind. Is Walters going to ask her about the trashed trailor?

GabyO

Effe you Barbra for giving this lying liar that lies a platform!

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

Rough childhood? Get the fvck out of here! You want a 'rough childhood', look up Jaycee Dugard. Kidnapped, molested for YEARS, left to sleep in a tent. THATS a rough childhood.