« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jon 'Bones' Jones

I'm Gonna Beat the Crap

Out of Chael Sonnen

10/16/2012 3:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1016-tmz-jon-jones-chael-sonnenIt took long enough ... but UFC champ Jon "Bones" Jones will finally do battle with his longtime verbal tormentor Chael Sonnen ... both in the ring AND as opposing coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter."

UFC President Dana White announced the fight earlier today ... confirming the two will face off on April 27. Additionally, the two will serve as coaches to up-and-coming fighters on the FX reality show "The Ultimate Fighter."

Sonnen has been harassing the hell out of Jones for weeks ... ever since Jon refused to allow Chael to step in as a replacement fighter for a Sept. 1 fight when Jon's originally scheduled opponent dropped out due to injury at the last minute.

Chael proceeded to run a campaign of harassment on Twitter ... sending a flurry of messages to Jon ... including, "I know you will never fight me. Don't be afraid. But I'll always be the monster in the closet of your mind, little JJ."

Now, it's on ... and it should be good.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

LDB

RACE WAR!!!

Jay W.

Jones will not be beat for some time to come. Still young and he's still too good. Well... it should be a nice pay day for Sonnen though.

Tim

Stop covering MMA

He isnt a long time rival, no one cares about this fight, Chael hasnt fought in the weight class in years and just got destroyed while quitting against Anderson

This is a gimme fight for Jones

News Flash

It's a fight a fight a %#€&@ and a #%£&$...

rey

P#ssy

I am Spartacus

Why do people keep falling for Sonnen's act? He runs his mouth, challenges the best guys to get a payday and then gets his ass kicked. His style is to hold you against the cage or lay on top. I hope Jones hits him so hard in the jaw that he can't run his mouth.

Jesse

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!! CAPS LOCK BECAUSE I'M EXCITED.

spokenword

I wanna see Bones fight Joe Son...oh wait, nevermind.

ACE DEUCEY

Really, who cares?
Have Teresa Giudice battle Dina Lohan in an all-out clothes ripping, weave-pulling brawl and I'll order it on pay-per-view RIGHT NOW!

bkwardstraveler

Online and on TV, they talk sh*t. Get them alone and they would probably cry and scream like a little sister.

tgrfan42069

UFC = WWE

Jamey Buster

Chael Sonnen Is a sad, sad, sad little boy and Jones didn't fight Chael cause he's not Championship fighter material he's all talk and Jones will knock him out In the first round guaranteed !

noenoe0420

i know chael gonna get his money worth cuz jon gonna show him ****yness dont work in the hood.....

Pockets

Yo I present you with the UFC's new official jobber: Chael Sonnen!

nv89436