Britney Spears

Buys $8.5 MILLION Mansion

with Jason Trawick

10/18/2012 6:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1019_britney_launch

Britney Spears has left Calabasas ... and moved into a brand new $8.5 MILLION mansion even further away from all of the Hollywood madness.

The 8,456 square foot home is located inside a swanky private community in Thousand Oaks, CA -- about 16 miles from Brit's old mansion in Calabasas.

Here are the stats -- 5 bedrooms, 7 baths, wine cellar, home theater and massive infinity pool.

We're told Britney made the move because she's starting a new life with fiance Jason Trawick ... and wants to be in a new home in a secure location.

The move puts Britney even further away from the hub of Hollywood -- but we've learned Brit will stay in a super-fancy L.A. hotel when "X Factor" comes to Los Angeles in a few weeks.

Elle0375

You go girl!!

Laura

Good for her--she deserves this.

Jen

Nice! Good for Brit Brit, she works hard and deserves to live well.

Shannon

Doesnt that look like the front of the Walsh house in 90210?

Jan

LOVE Thousand Oaks. Calabasas has too many snakes.

boz

I give her 2 weeks till she leaves poop stains on the couch.

Maggie

Away from her drug dealers? But at least she's with her dad......oooops....fiance!

Swins

I hear the wine cellar is being converted into a "lock down" room

Loretta Love

What a LoVeLy home...congrats!

Caliwestsidegirl

Jason Trawick must be in heaven. He doesn't have to work anymore...Still I don't get how she gets paid ENORMOUSLY for lip synching.....in all of her concerts. I still believe a TRUE Musician will belt out and should always belt out a LIVE Singing Performance.

XDrinker

Home? Hardly. It looks like a Marriott Convention Center. Who could feel safe and snuggly in that house, with its ginormous overhead lights and huge marble columns? Give me my 1700 sq. ft. Victorian house, circa 1929, with my comfy couch and antique coffee table. If I want to sit at a 30-seat bar I'll go out...

Truth

YEA, I GUESS THE EASY ASS $15 MIL FOR SAYING ONE LINERS LIKE "GOOD JOB" ON XFACTOR DOESNT HURT EITHER... WHO COULDNT BUY DIGS LIKE THAT WITH THE SAME PAPER??? #TRUTH!!

Nancy

She can move all she wants but she takes the crazy with her. If she wants to get away from the madness of Hollywood, she should go back to her native back woods of Louisiana and stay out of the limelight. Within a year, everyone will have forgotten about her.

John T.

Th Queen of lip sync is going to marry this old man? She must be hard up for someone to share her bed with. The guy is ugly and older looking then her dad. He see's $$$$$$ sings all the way to the bank once she say's I do and he gets full control. she is so stupid.

Quinn

wow I usually don't give a rat's arse about their houses but this one is gorgeous. reminds me of the mansions in Newport. Pretty damn nice.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments