Joe Jackson

I CARRY A GUN

And I'm Not Afraid to Use It

10/18/2012 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

101712_jackson_launch

Joe Jackson FLASHED A HANDGUN to a room full of people at a recent event in Vegas ... and told the crowd it's just like an American Express card ... he doesn't leave home without it.

The bizarre moment all went down while Joe was at the Tuscany Hotel and Casino in Vegas this weekend to be honored at the Black Music Awards (apparently that's a thing).

Joe was introduced by his friend -- Majestik -- who told the crowd a story about Joe confronting Michael Jackson's bodyguards two weeks before MJ's death.

During the alleged confrontation, Majestik says Joe flashed his gun at the guards and said -- "If I hear you all givin' my son drugs or doing anything illegal with my son ... I'ma kill all of you."

When Majestik turned the mic over to Joe -- JJ corroborated the story ... saying, "It's very true. Every word he said."

Then Joe told the crowd ... "I carry a piece everywhere I go ... I'm gonna show it to you."

Joe proceeded to open up his suit jacket, revealing a handgun holstered by his hip. Joe explained, "I've been threatened a lot of times and so I need to be safe."

We reached out to Joe to see if he is even legally allowed to pack heat -- but so far, we have yet to hear back.

Meanie

WTF, his face looks like a bad joke Halloween mask.

alan

This Just In, Joe Jackson Go's Bonkers at Local Senior Center Over "Split Green Pea Soup" Threaten's to pull Hand Gun "Just soon as he can remember where he out it"..

honesty

This is the last idiot in the world that needs a gun. How frightening!

TXLady

As a CHL holder, I also carry everywhere I go. I have a Glock 9mm in my purse at all times but I would NEVER flash it to anyone!

XDrinker

Betcha anything he wears adult diapers.

Truth

HOPEFULLY THE FUGLY FAT ASS WILL USE GUN ON HIMSELF... AS FOR THE DUDE GIVING HIS SON DRUGS AND DOING ILLEGAL **** LIKE CHILD ABUSE, "SAY IT AINT SO SHOELESS JOE JACKSON" SHOULD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND PULL THE F*CKIN TRIGGER.
#TRUTH!!

Rhubino

It's hard to believe, but this man just got uglier.

Dayna

He is such a loser....in every aspect of his sad little life.

mike

And regardless of the state he's in, he violated the CC regulation about flashing or brandishing his firearm, he needs to lose his license

CloBird

This man should not be carrying a gun.

I Was About To Say

SO HE WAS BRANISHING HIS GUN!! WHY didn't someone call the cops on him, I bet he doesn't have a permit either! If anyone else would have done that the police would have been there in a flash.

I Was About To Say

A license to carry I meant, I have a permit but not a license.

jayman419

It varies a lot by state... but if he had done that in Pittsburgh it'd be considered brandishment. Which is weird, because in PA anyone who is allowed to own a gun is allowed to openly carry it.
But if you have a concealed carry permit, and you intentionally reveal your holstered weapon, it's a crime.

bryan

It says it all. How pathetic a man is he. I wonder what Dr. King would have to say about this behavior. Is it so engrained in our culture today that this is acceptable. How utterly sad. I wonder if anyone applauded?